The Staff of Motorsport Marketing
The Staff of Motorsport Marketing Writer
11/30/21 7:56 a.m.

Sponsored Content Presented by Automotive-Marketing.com.

Read the rest of the story

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/30/21 9:06 a.m.

Soooo, yeah, I almost clicked on this and reported it to the mods as a canoe.

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/30/21 9:24 a.m.

Hot singles in your area want to do maintenance on your car. 

I will add. There is a ton of value in taking control of the free offering of Google page for local operating automotive repair and service businesses. When I was working for the consulting firm it was one of the things that we preached early for clients to do and it resulted in an increased car count of 28% with a $0 financial commitment. The ability to create calls to action with regards to recruiting technicians was also greatly beneficial. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/30/21 9:31 a.m.

What is Google really looking for? Quality information that is kept up to date. 

Best thing you can do for good search results is to actually provide this over a long period. It's more effort than the SEO trend of the day and you don't need to hire an agency for it, but it works.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
11/30/21 9:32 a.m.

Can we conclude from the existence of this article that posting on the GRM forum is one of the variety of mining techniques for said Google gold?  A marketing firm marketing their marketing firm on a motorsports website owned by motorsport marketing is certainly some marketing for a marketing firm.

Marketing.

Buck Futter
Buck Futter SuperDork
11/30/21 10:20 a.m.

Yep. This is the answer I needed. It's definitely time to jump ship. So long GRM people. It's been a weird WTF ride here. Only been here ten years. The changes are real. And not worth my time anymore. This post confirms it. 

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
11/30/21 10:27 a.m.
Buck Futter said:

Yep. This is the answer I needed. It's definitely time to jump ship. So long GRM people. It's been a weird WTF ride here. Only been here ten years. The changes are real. And not worth my time anymore. This post confirms it. 

Like it or not, it's the world we live in now bud. 60% of the internet is hosted on an Amazon server and most new applications like Discord use Chromium APIs. Google essentially owns all of adspace on the internet. Everything is monopolized.

Anonyminity died out around ~2014 unless you TOR everywhere.

EDIT: Heck, screwed this up. What I meant to say is, everyone has to play the adsense game.

Cooter's Scooters
Cooter's Scooters PowerDork
11/30/21 10:29 a.m.
Buck Futter said:

I haven't read the article yet, but upvoted the original post just for off chance it was truly responsible for this flounce.

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/30/21 10:32 a.m.
Keith Tanner said:

What is Google really looking for? Quality information that is kept up to date. 

Best thing you can do for good search results is to actually provide this over a long period. It's more effort than the SEO trend of the day and you don't need to hire an agency for it, but it works.

Square left in 50 caution ocean! - Author of How To Build a High Performance Mazda Miata

This.

Tom1200
Tom1200 UltraDork
11/30/21 10:42 a.m.

So, many years ago we raced with a regional motorcycle club; their very thick rule book was 50% advertising. The rule book came with your membership, all those ads paid for that.

GRM routinely posts these ad-articles; as I am on this site every damn day, clearly I find GRM valuable. I don't have issue with them doing this as it makes GRM viable. 

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
11/30/21 10:57 a.m.

Wait

I've never seen Buck post here before.

... are we sure this isn't a source of manufactured replies for attention?

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/30/21 11:00 a.m.

In reply to Buck Futter :

Insert commentary regarding this location not being an airport. 

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/30/21 11:51 a.m.

I read the article and... I don't know what I read. It's like word salad.

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/30/21 12:18 p.m.
Tom1200 said:

GRM routinely posts these ad-articles; as I am on this site every damn day, clearly I find GRM valuable. I don't have issue with them doing this as it makes GRM viable. 

Yuuup. The amount of good information and enjoyable conversations far outweighs the occasional sponsored post. It's the same thing as an advertisement in the magazine.

GCrites80s
GCrites80s HalfDork
11/30/21 1:21 p.m.

I can see someone with a lot of sponsors and their own website finding this helpful.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
12/1/21 8:19 a.m.

I'm a marketing weasel, this is my world. Interesting read with some good points and ideas. As for sponsored content, it makes the publishing world go round now. When the buff books collapsed a decade ago a lot of the writers got picked up by manufacturers to knock out "turn key" tech articles that were given to magazine editors for free. I know, I was one of those editors. If this helps keep the lights on, then roll on man.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2T7GBektq45PbZ9y9TDG38uOw2Plz8q1Uiq4rBAfzxcUkOCcrdfIyVcpO7ijoVjM