Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
2/17/21 3:57 p.m.
feature_image

We’d been making great progress on the drivetrain and chassis of our LFX-swapped Miata, and were getting towards the fun parts of an engine swap–parts like wiring–which meant we had to divert our attention from the exterior of the car and focus on the interior. And, well, it wasn’t pretty. Before we got our hands on this particular …

Read the rest of the story

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/18/21 11:25 a.m.

I forgot that car caught on fire but, now that I think about it, didn't that happen more than once? 

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
2/18/21 11:43 a.m.

We've melted quite a few things over the years (thank you, turbo) but this was the first "wow, why is the garage so warm OMG" fire.

David S. Wallens
2/18/21 12:40 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

Probably good I wasn't there. laugh

I was there when the Lincoln (briefly) caught fire, though. 

MaxC
MaxC New Reader
2/19/21 10:50 p.m.

Looks way better. Amazing what some effort and the interior all being one color does. Any particular reason you went with gray? I'm debating what color to paint the interior of my race car. Between the gray you used and white (the car is white). 

David S. Wallens
2/20/21 10:46 a.m.

White, we figure, could be a bit too bright for the interior. Gray seems like a good compromise: It's not black yet not as reflective as white. 

To dive even deeper on race car interior prep, you can check out our 350Z, too. 

350z247
350z247 Reader
3/8/21 3:57 p.m.

The RacePak stuff costs more than the car! Dang! I could justify it on a GT4 build, but at the club level, relays and fuses work just fine for me.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cvaZiOlt89KMqf5LPmk7V6oijUBNEq91534Ehc9KJsRS4MNsWO0suqguhzSB6PZP