Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Reader
12/12/08 5:57 a.m.

Our friends at Jalopnik have taken a page right out of GRM and using one of our favorites, the E30 no less.

Link: http://jalopnik.com/5107178/junked-bmw-e30s-provide-cheap-easy-way-to-trunk+mount-your-battery

YaNi
YaNi New Reader
12/12/08 8:26 a.m.

The BMW's also have a nice distribution box in the engine bay.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn Dork
12/12/08 8:47 a.m.

Did you notice the headline at the top of the page? "Due to the failure of Knight Rider and expected production costs, NBC has decided to pass on Top Gear USA. The BBC's shopping the US rendition of the hit show to interested cable outlets"

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog Reader
12/12/08 8:51 a.m.
stuart in mn wrote: the failure of Knight Rider

Yeah, nobody saw that one coming.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/12/08 9:01 a.m.

i think i just found a way to make more $ while at pullapart - $2.89 for a battery cable - it's gotta be worth at least 10 bux in scrap if the cable isn't usable anymore.

kcbhiw
kcbhiw Reader
12/12/08 10:10 a.m.

Every time I visit the local PullAPart, I check for these cables and have yet to find any left. I suppose they're being bought up for the copper value alone.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
12/12/08 10:23 a.m.

Yeah, theres a link on a few of the electric forums on how to get lots of heavy gauge cable from the factory BMW setup. Between that and this I bet most BMWs are picked clean.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/12/08 2:54 p.m.

It's bad enough that I have to hear all about these self service yards in other parts of the country, but now I learn that they have half price sales, too?!

Damn. I only know of one yard in my state where, if the right guy is working, I can go out into the yard and remove my own parts.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tsinEOgmUkrRhZe6ilkMMMwCfiblkdaBuCRSU26mdHCS5GOaGNLOQ7ksj2jlIYAO