JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
2/7/17 4:07 p.m.

As I write this, I have just returned from the Grassroots Motorsports $2016 Challenge presented by General Tire and powered by Miller and CRC. Also known as the Challenge to the cool kids, our three-ring circus of budget builds invades Gainesville each fall.

Every year, the buzz that follows the Challenge seems to get buzzier and buzzier. That’s partly thanks …

Read the rest of the story

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/7/17 4:54 p.m.

I learned #1 this year. Decided to take it easy and just run my future engine donor. Things came together and we won half budget.

evildky
evildky SuperDork
2/8/17 10:59 a.m.

Patience is paired with persistence and dumb luck. My mr2 build started when I stumbled upon a deal on a wrecked turbo sw20. It took me 2 years to find a cheap enough, good enough aw11 chassis to receive the swap. I was prepping my Z31 for a return to the challenge when I stumbled upon a distressed $300 miata a week before $2013 Challenge.

appliance_racer
appliance_racer New Reader
2/8/17 11:12 a.m.

Helpful article. I've been as a spectator a few times. I hope to bring a knife to the gunfight this year.

"You know what happens to those that bring a knife to a gun fight......they get shot" (out of a tarantino flick.)

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
2/8/17 4:15 p.m.

Never disrespect your Taco Wagon

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KF8E6GJ18jc6z4N3xSYaODa4l4VjmzNVyT4WKFxgUptNOAAdHTWCKectrIOzymIp