1 2
Raze (Forum Supporter)
Raze (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/20/20 7:16 p.m.

That's a lot of fun stuff in one package.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/20/20 7:20 p.m.

Meh... I don't like the name. The look isn't for me either. If I were in the market, I'd get a Rivian and then a spare Miata with the money I saved.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
10/20/20 7:46 p.m.

I did not expect the real EV battle to be luxury trucks. I suck at predicting things. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
10/20/20 8:48 p.m.

I can dig 0-60 in 3.

Rest of it I don't really care about. 

For that kind of coin for a pickup truck , rather have a Raptor. 

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/20/20 9:48 p.m.

1,000 Horsepower?

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/20/20 9:58 p.m.

Bull E36M3. GM will end up building a badge-engineered Silverado with a range-extender.

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
10/20/20 10:28 p.m.

Hummer and EV don't belong together. 

Carbon (Forum Supporter)
Carbon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/21/20 12:54 a.m.

How much must that weigh lol.

Carbon (Forum Supporter)
Carbon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/21/20 12:55 a.m.
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) said:

1,000 Horsepower?

And eleventy million ft lbs of torques!

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/21/20 1:03 a.m.

Crabwalk is a cool feature that's probably utterly useless to most the people who would own one.

Also the official page says "estimated 3 motors" so this thing is waaaayyyyy off from production. In fact that statement is ridiculous

STM317
STM317 UberDork
10/21/20 6:13 a.m.
Antihero (Forum Supporter) said:

Crabwalk is a cool feature that's probably utterly useless to most the people who would own one.

Also the official page says "estimated 3 motors" so this thing is waaaayyyyy off from production. In fact that statement is ridiculous

I'm reading that the top trim will be available to order next fall. The only "estimates" that I see are the range. Seems like they've got the hard stuff mostly worked out.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
10/21/20 7:42 a.m.
maschinenbau (I live here)
maschinenbau (I live here) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/21/20 7:45 a.m.

Crab walk will be used 95% for parking that humongous whale of a vehicle

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
10/21/20 7:47 a.m.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
10/21/20 7:56 a.m.
maschinenbau (I live here) said:

Crab walk will be used 95% for parking that humongous whale of a vehicle

I don't think it looks that much different from any other full sized truck in terms of overall footprint.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/21/20 7:58 a.m.
dxman92 said:

Hummer and EV don't belong together. 

Not true and can't wait! 

maschinenbau (I live here)
maschinenbau (I live here) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/21/20 8:04 a.m.

In reply to tuna55 :

True, though I would also argue all modern full-sized trucks are humongous whales of vehicles

ultraclyde (Forum Supporter)
ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
10/21/20 8:13 a.m.

It has a lot of neat features. I swear I see a lot of Rivian, Bronco, and original Hummer looking at the lines. All of those are good individually but I'm not sold on the combination...yet. I might grow to appreciate it, I'm just confused so far. I mean, I like the removable roof, and you might get towing capacity that the Bronco and Gladiator can't deliver. It's likely capable off road but full size and probably 6000lbs means the smaller stuff will always beat it there.  The acceleration is just silly, but cool. 

I also doubt it will come to market as described here.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/21/20 8:22 a.m.

Did I just read 11,500ft/lbs of torque? Are they trying to adjust the earth's rotational spin?

STM317
STM317 UberDork
10/21/20 8:30 a.m.
bobzilla said:

Did I just read 11,500ft/lbs of torque? Are they trying to adjust the earth's rotational spin?

That's really just marketing. The 11,500 figure is wheel torque, which includes gearing multiplication. Actual torque at the motors is likely to be around 1000ft-lbs for the 3 motor versions. The video Tuna posted does a nice explanation

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/21/20 8:36 a.m.
STM317 said:
bobzilla said:

That's really just marketing. The 11,500 figure is wheel torque, which includes gearing multiplication. Actual torque at the motors is likely to be around 1000ft-lbs for the 3 motor versions. The video Tuna posted does a nice explanation

stop with your rationalization. I want numbers.... all of them

chaparral
chaparral Dork
10/21/20 8:45 a.m.

I wonder what speed this is geared for. If you can get a high enough reduction ratio, there's no reason to make it go faster than it can hit in a quarter-mile.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/21/20 8:56 a.m.

In reply to STM317 :

this is what I see

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
10/21/20 8:58 a.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:

If I were in the market, I'd get a Rivian and then a spare Miata with the money I saved.

I agree, that way I can get a fullsize Bed Bear

rothwem
rothwem Reader
10/21/20 9:05 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

I did not expect the real EV battle to be luxury trucks. I suck at predicting things. 

I thought for sure that fullsize trucks and SUVs were where EVs would go mainstream, since Americans love trucks and trucks already weigh a ton so another 1000 pounds of battery wouldn't be that big of a deal.  What I didn't expect was the offroad focus, I was thinking it would be Range Rover and BMW X5 style vehicles bringing the newest tech.  I guess it makes sense though.  All Americans like to think of themselves as outdoorsy, and the ease of adding motors to an EV makes for some cool offroad tricks that you can do.  

Anyways, this Hummer is pretty ugly, but I think it'll probably sell alright.  

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nV5FEsIpEU6T5thc8LHf7Pk4J9GNYEu7Auuc4YXBeHP5AbvSWGl0yAbXslaaM9Ba