1 2
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/11/22 7:59 a.m.

Here she is at an autocross. I have found that in the wet, I can leave the ESC and other systems on and go faster than I could without them. Cars are getting faster and I am getting slower, big surprise. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
7/11/22 9:19 a.m.

How much camber were you able to get?  I heard for some reason (different uprights?), the DCT cars get a significant amount more front camber than the manual cars.  I'm not sure if this is the case for the Veloster as well.

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/11/22 2:20 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

It is still on the stock alignment settings, I have not tried to play with it yet. 

dannyp84
dannyp84 Reader
7/12/22 11:50 a.m.

In reply to pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) :

Pitt Race! I've been drifting there for years. My friends just finished up a turbo G body Monte Carlo and would like to try it on the autocross course. Elantra looks right at home out there..

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 PowerDork
7/12/22 4:32 p.m.

I'm two months and 3200 miles into my Kona N ownership. My one gripe so far is the seats, while great for track use, suck for daily driving or long hauls. I love almost everything else about the car other than the fact I wish it had more space. Super impressed by what Hyundai has done, never thought I would buy a Korean car because of my experience with them in the past; but, this thing is a blast to thrash around.  Quality of materials is impressive, AC blows ridiculously cold, audio system is pretty good, the infotainment is by far the best on the market, and the customization of everything performance wise is incredible. 

Unfortunately I might depart with it because of the seat issue and my E36 M3ty lower back issues. I may just run with an MDX Type-S for a family truckster since it's got those nice massaging seats. 

milkman42
milkman42
8/7/22 4:08 p.m.

Hey pinchvalve,

As a fellow Pittsburgher and ex-FiST owner (I've actually had two... long story) I really enjoyed your story here!  I'm considering picking up a EN and I'd like to pick your brain a bit if you wouldn't mind.  Could you shoot me an email so we can connect offline?  chrishersh42@gmail.com 

Thanks, Chris

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
qaSnSTcB49S5hecDFogbq6cDl60AMxRoxQImC5twqL2LVRpKWGo3qdxuOgwMpN1g