1 2
drdisque
drdisque HalfDork
8/4/16 4:41 p.m.

The new car will basically be a poor man's Lexus RC. Not interested.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
8/4/16 4:57 p.m.
Mr_Clutch42 wrote: In reply to Bobzilla: I'm just saying that it would be similar to the BRZ/FR-S if they made a STi, it would be the high performance model/package that would cost around $6K+ more, and much of the general public would say that it's too much for such a small car, X car has close to the same power and be bigger, blah blah blah. Plus, Hyundai would beef up the trans, diff, and probably the chassis for durability so your 2700lb base Genesis Coupe would weigh close to 3000 lbs with the 3.8 V6. I just think that there's not a big enough market for what you're wanting, that's why there isn't a FRS/BRZ STi on sale right now with a 274hp turbo, and a direct competitor for it from another company.

I don't disagree with anything you're saying. Doesnt make me want it any less! My problem with the Frisbee twins is I don't fit well. And since it would have to be a DD, interior comfort is high on my list.

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 SuperDork
8/4/16 6:38 p.m.

In reply to Bobzilla: Ah, yes, the limitations on the small FR performance car (interior space). You can't even fit in your ideal Genesis Coupe! Plus, you could put a supercharger or turbocharger on the 3.8 Genesis Coupe.

I just remembered that the 370Z/G37 is theoretically a direct competitor to the Genesis Coupe.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
8/5/16 9:00 a.m.
Mr_Clutch42 wrote: In reply to Bobzilla: Ah, yes, the limitations on the small FR performance car (interior space). You can't even fit in your ideal Genesis Coupe! Plus, you could put a supercharger or turbocharger on the 3.8 Genesis Coupe. I just remembered that the 370Z/G37 is theoretically a direct competitor to the Genesis Coupe.

Yeah, it's still why the GC is still on my potential list of Forte Replacements

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
toaH6cznYwekylnotYdfKahn3Vt89me8cMgsqJxNNFmDey7vlOrGrX8i6v3cIxF8