1 2 3
Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/24/18 4:43 p.m.

I bought a 1995 Ford Bronco. 5.0/auto with a manual transfer case. Runs and drives, rust free, nice body and top. What do I need to know? The rear window goes up/down halfway. It was $500 and it's going to be my winter truck, tow a little boat, and be the parts runner.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
9/24/18 4:46 p.m.

Rotella t oil.

And they circled the problem for you.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
9/24/18 4:54 p.m.

Also, the glove doesn't fit no matter what

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
9/24/18 4:55 p.m.

Ill show myself out now.....

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/24/18 5:01 p.m.

Why isn't this on your back window already? 

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/24/18 5:08 p.m.

Those are pretty basic trucks (I mean that in a good way).  If you keep all the fluids in it and the rust at bay it should give you years of service.  When stuff does wear out there's nothing exotic and the repairs are pretty straight forward.

Ram50Ron
Ram50Ron GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/24/18 5:11 p.m.

Is it white?

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
9/24/18 6:11 p.m.

It could use more motor.  

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/24/18 6:32 p.m.

the tailgate is a heavy beast and will rust out

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/24/18 9:19 p.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

Also, the glove doesn't fit no matter what

My man OJ

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
9/24/18 9:20 p.m.

Rust free for $500? Awesome deal!

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/24/18 9:26 p.m.
dculberson said:

Rust free for $500? Awesome deal!

Yeah I was gonna say ship it to middle America and resell for $3500.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
9/24/18 9:35 p.m.

TTB alignment they say can be difficult but I never had any problems with tire wear on any of the three I’ve owned.

Seriously, you will recoup your money and more for sure if you take even ok care of it. They’re already going up in price in some places in the US. 

Some, including me think they were the last of the cool Fords and definitely my favorite front end of all the Fords since 1979.

There’s some fantastic websites (just want to do right by GRM by not printing their names here) that are very specific. As in, they have a specific forum for the ‘92-‘96 (including the 1997 F 350).

pres589
pres589 PowerDork
9/24/18 9:49 p.m.

I read the title of the thread and I thought, 'make sure he knows about Waylon Jennings'.  Then I get into the thread, see we're talking about a Bronco, and thoughts changed to 'make sure he knows about Molly Hatchet'.

So yeah, go get some Molly Hatchet CD's for this thing, if you don't have some already.

grover
grover GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/24/18 9:57 p.m.

We saw a seafoam green one with a white top driving down the road the other day. My wife amazed me once again by saying she’d drive one around. This while I was driving her in the gx460 I bought 3 months ago. 

They’re cool trucks, good deal. 

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
9/24/18 10:48 p.m.

I learned the other night that Black Stone Cherry's drummer has a minty '93 Bronco. I don't think this information helps you but I felt like sharing.

Javelin
9/24/18 11:40 p.m.
Ram50Ron said:

Is it white?

Of course!

Javelin
9/24/18 11:44 p.m.

It gets delivered to work tomorrow after my lunch break. Gotta stash it there until I move in 2 weeks. I'm going to need help traking down 1 aftermarket wheel for it. On the test drive I checked the transfer case, worked great. The cheapest runner on craigslist was $1500 and it was made from 3 different trucks. This one has a super clean body and just needs paint on the hood. 

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/25/18 2:14 a.m.

That seems like a killer deal. I love full-size Broncos.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
9/25/18 2:51 a.m.
Daylan C said:

I learned the other night that Black Stone Cherry's drummer has a minty '93 Bronco. I don't think this information helps you but I felt like sharing.

Don’t forget Uncle Ted and his Broncos! 

car insurance for eu licence holders

My Bronco was a ‘95 with a 351. Paid $800. It was an ex-Environmental Police vehicle with rubber floors and vinyl seats and real levers for the transfer-case. And a neato spotlight.

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
9/25/18 7:05 a.m.

Those things are really starting to go up in value. No rust in PA would bring $1500. Minimum.

It will be slow and suck gas like a hooker on blow. Tailgates used to be unobtainium.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
9/25/18 7:12 a.m.

If the body is rust free, it really would be worth $3500 in Wisconsin. Even sans hood paint.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
9/25/18 7:16 a.m.

Yeah at 500 for no rust you got a deal. It's a Ford truck and the wisest advice I ever got for buying one is figure it's 20k miles past due for balljoints! But really they eat ball joints.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
9/25/18 7:18 a.m.
ebonyandivory said:

TTB alignment they say can be difficult but I never had any problems with tire wear on any of the three I’ve owned.

For real.  Take it to a real truck alignment shop.  I had an F-150 truck that ate tires like crazy.  The stupid company I worked for would only let us take company vehicles to Goodyear or Firestone for repairs.  After three trips to the same Goodyear, I asked the guy if all he was doing was setting the toe-in.  He was and suggested I take it to the local Ford dealership that had a truck service center in it.  I paid for it put of my pocket and had no more trouble eating tires.  . 

Javelin
9/25/18 9:24 a.m.

I work at my buddy's tire shop and trucks is their specialty. It'll spend the next 2 weeks there getting looked over after hours. It does have a manually shifted transfer case.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8ULpuxzJub2dcU7B2dV4sYy22vsVHxTcw4VFkuEqWpbHO1cTnmbh5KNwIAhgmGGX