nicksta43
nicksta43 Dork
1/17/13 9:02 p.m.

I was watching MotorWeek and to my surprise I really like the styling of the new Accord coupe. Good looking car.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
1/17/13 9:04 p.m.

Looks like a RWD, but I know I would be disappointed.....

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/17/13 9:05 p.m.

I own two Accord sedans and my neighbor has a two year old coupe in that same red. I love Accords, but had you not pointed out the fact that that one was new, I would not have known.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce HalfDork
1/17/13 9:35 p.m.

I like pretty much every generation of Accord coupe. My wife thinks its an illness.

Vigo
Vigo UltraDork
1/17/13 9:37 p.m.

the new accord coupe was one of the standouts at the last 'new car auto show' i went to. I guess they might only have those in big cities.

Anyway, other standouts included the FR-S, top-spec Veloster Turbo, Audi A8, Cadi ATS and XTS. I tend to judge cars by giant leaps in design vs brand's previous generation.

Anyway, i highly recommend you check one out!

ultraclyde
ultraclyde Dork
1/18/13 5:52 a.m.

I had an 88 coupe, great driving car. Did some research on the new sedan and coupe for the wife, and they're very nice but have FAR too many electro nannies. Styling on the coupe looks good if not revolutionary.

Fletch1
Fletch1 HalfDork
1/18/13 6:14 a.m.

I've heard GREAT things about the new Accord. Some say Honda is getting its groove back when reviewing this car. The LX sedan with 4-cyl and 5-spd does 0-60 in around 6.5 seconds and .87g, according to C&D.

rustysteel
rustysteel New Reader
1/18/13 6:44 a.m.
Fletch1 wrote: I've heard GREAT things about the new Accord. Some say Honda is getting its groove back when reviewing this car. The LX sedan with 4-cyl and 5-spd does 0-60 in around 6.5 seconds and .87g, according to C&D.

I think that time is for the V6. I like the styling as well, always wanted a 99-02 coupe. The '03's and up with the V6 and 6 speed are quite quick as well if a bit too organic looking.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UberDork
1/18/13 7:09 a.m.

This would be a smoking car if it was RWD. Since I own a 2011 LX 2.4 5-speed; I don't know about that 0-60 figure......

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/18/13 7:31 a.m.
Datsun 310 Guy wrote: This would be a smoking car if it was RWD. Since I own a 2011 LX 2.4 5-speed; I don't know about that 0-60 figure......

Nothing a welder cant fix

I am thinking lsx power and RWD would add a whole lot of awesome to that car. Unforchantly there "big" news about another power-train is a hybrid power-train. I saw the autoweek episode as well and they noted that it will only get 15 miles on pure electric power? Is it me or does that seem pathetic. Why cant Honda and GM get together and take the new accord body / suspension and put it in a Volt power-train.

nicksta43
nicksta43 Dork
1/18/13 7:35 a.m.

I also was surprised it's all smaller than the previous model. Nor very common nowadays.

Fletch1
Fletch1 HalfDork
1/18/13 7:53 a.m.

In reply to rustysteel:

Nope, 4 cyl. 0-60 in 6.6 according to them. http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-honda-accord-four-cylinder-manual-test-review

Fletch1
Fletch1 HalfDork
1/18/13 7:55 a.m.

For the Accord coupe V-6 manual, 0-60....5.6 seconds.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-honda-accord-coupe-v-6-manual-test-review

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/18/13 8:24 a.m.

Another good donor for mid-lateral layout cars...I wonder how quick it would be with a couple of turbos

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury UltimaDork
1/18/13 8:28 a.m.

Accords are like ice cream cones...you can add sprinkles and dip it in fudge, but underneath all those pretty toppings, its still vanilla at its core

dculberson
dculberson SuperDork
1/18/13 9:09 a.m.

They might be vanilla, but it's not Flavo-Time $1/gallon vanilla, it's that really good stuff you can get at the Whole Foods that has little bits of real vanilla beans in it and is made with whole cream. Yes, it's vanilla, but it's good and enjoyable in its own way.

I had occasion to drive my parent's 2001 Accord the other day, theirs is low miles and pristine, and man that still feels like a nice little car. It's basic but feels solid yet reasonably light. It has a totally different feel from a Camry.

rustysteel
rustysteel New Reader
1/18/13 9:18 a.m.

In reply to Fletch1:

My mistake, that is impressive. Maybe a test drive is in order.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1vScbJguDDIdwoqnCAfMkUYxGbfMS2xrxEaGwQUXGcb6w6vZSjDgAgtma7Q6WV1E