1 2
chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
10/23/13 4:23 a.m.

OMG this state is killing me with this title BS! This car is STILL not titled because Mass 9'd out the mileage because the engine was swapped and the odometer doesn't work (actually I'm not sure they know about that...). The mileage says the vehicle has 9,999,999 miles and Pennsylvania refuses to take it. Massachusetts refuses to alter the title to appease Pennsylvania. Can't these commonwealths get along?

It's not a huge deal but I've been trying so long I kind of want to make it happen.

I've been reading the requirements for titling in the state and I saw this:

PA DMV said: (3) Any other information and documents the department reasonably requires to establish the ownership of the vehicle and the existence or nonexistence of security interests in the vehicle.

How do we a.) prove that what they are asking is not reasonable any more or 2.) title it under a different type of vehicle that doesn't require so much BS?

Any other thoughts/input?

gofastbobby
gofastbobby New Reader
10/23/13 7:33 a.m.

Nice car man. What are your plans for it?

BTW, Michigan can give out a title on a a bill of sale if you lose your title, maybe you can go that way?

chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
10/23/13 1:29 p.m.

It's the wife's race car. Thanks for the heads up. I might try the whole 'modified' route since it will primarily be a race car. Although I am looking at an explorer today and eventually a trailer, negating the need for a title.

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/23/13 1:56 p.m.

Regarding the title mess, you might try going to a different BMV with all of your paperwork and seeing if the person in charge is/would be reasonable.

Just a thought...

ClemSparks
ClemSparks PowerDork
10/23/13 2:24 p.m.
chknhwk wrote:
jstein77 wrote: If its an '88, why does it have '85 wheels?
Because they're kewl? The wheels appear to be in great shape, probably better than the rest of the car.

I also like the 10-hole wheels on these cars. What size rear tire do you have on there? It looks like a good size for that wheel on the car.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
10/23/13 2:36 p.m.

Just tell them the milage is unknown or enter 10,000,014 miles......

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
10/23/13 5:38 p.m.

I found another rests nest in my Fox this week, 2 years since I bought it

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7P9JtmNiZj6nJV4cNqds97e6vJc6UFNttIa275gVswKsT9gnkuMCzOYMPlKhVjmF