ratghia
ratghia Reader
1/10/12 8:11 a.m.

Over spring break from college I am going out to Las Vegas to visit some family. There is a place called exotics racing where you can rent high end exotic cars to drive around their little track at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. My uncle and his friend have done it previously and both enjoyed it a lot. They said that after the first lap the instructor just let them go and that it wasn't just a big pace lap. Since I got good grades my first semester my family surprised me with 5 laps in the new Aventador. They haven't received it yet but should in the next week or so. Needless to say I'm pretty excited for the opportunity to see the car up close and get behind the wheel. This is the only pic I have of the one that I will be driving.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
1/10/12 8:13 a.m.

Lucky bastard.

Klayfish
Klayfish HalfDork
1/10/12 8:32 a.m.

Congrats on the good grades, and what an awesome gift! There are several of those schools around the country that have Lambos, Ferraris, etc... I've debated trying them. On one hand, it would be a once in a lifetime experience to get to drive one of those things. But at the same time, for the same $$$ as a few laps in one, I could get several full track days in my own car. But in your case, it's free, so enjoy the E36 M3 out of it. And don't wad it up....

Matt B
Matt B Dork
1/10/12 8:32 a.m.

I think you officially now have the coolest parents in the world.

Conquest351
Conquest351 HalfDork
1/10/12 8:37 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote: Lucky bastard.

This

cwh
cwh SuperDork
1/10/12 9:20 a.m.

See, good grades CAN pay off! Talk about immediate gratification.

Luke
Luke SuperDork
1/10/12 9:33 a.m.

Wow, that's pretty cool.

We'll be expecting photos and driving impressions poste haste .

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade Dork
1/10/12 9:47 a.m.

It's... green.

Enjoy!

nderwater
nderwater SuperDork
1/10/12 9:52 a.m.

Yes, you could spend a weekend at the track for the same money. But if you have the chance, it's pretty frackin cool to be able to flog a supercar. Not everybody can say they've driven an Lamborghini!

minimac
minimac SuperDork
1/10/12 10:05 a.m.

Make to you take a spare pair of undies!

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam SuperDork
1/10/12 11:00 a.m.

Some advice: don't put it into a wall

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/10/12 11:52 a.m.

getting good grades in college is luck?

z31maniac
z31maniac SuperDork
1/10/12 11:58 a.m.

Excellent post back and let us know how it is.

I didn't do it last time I was in Vegas for fear of it being a "pace lap," we are talking about going back this year and if so, I plan on driving at least one, if not two.

jstein77
jstein77 Dork
1/10/12 2:37 p.m.

Will they let you use the launch control? 0-60 in 2.9 seconds - talk about a rocket!

a401cj
a401cj GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/10/12 3:25 p.m.

i guess you don't gotta buy it if you stuff it into the wall hard?

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
1/10/12 3:43 p.m.

Very cool. Don't berkeley up the landing!

Timeormoney
Timeormoney Reader
1/10/12 7:59 p.m.

Wow, cool family!

RexSeven
RexSeven SuperDork
1/10/12 8:11 p.m.

Nice! I'm not one for supercars but for some reason I really, REALLY like the Aventador. Just like everyone else said, have fun and keep it shiny-side up!

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
1/10/12 8:13 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote:
getting good grades in college is luck?

No, getting that as a reward.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte HalfDork
1/10/12 8:48 p.m.

Lamborghinis........Caviar...........Dry Martinis. Keep up the good work.

ratghia
ratghia Reader
1/11/12 2:45 p.m.

I believe when you rent it insurance is included, but I intend not to be in a situation where I would find out. The track is twisty with only 1 real straight. I believe it's like 1.5 miles and 12 turns to keep speeds down. My uncle said he only got to around 120 in a skyline. Also there is plenty of run off room for if something goes wrong.

I do feel luck for the opportunity. Even if I got grades that we're better from here on put I still doubt I'd get to do this again.

I believe the date is going to be march 14, so now I just need to wait 2 months. As soon as I get a chance after I will post some good detail pictures of the Aventador, and pictures of all there other cars there. I'll also do a recap of what all happened and a review of the company.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
H5h1uurrDyKNZ3E2KWN1JMUCiUYDBAImuFIOfBGfbEPPC5qNgSrpypdv0027fL95