1 2 3 4
Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/13/19 8:26 a.m.

I'm glad this thread did the usual GRM thing and derailed into ducks instead of a dumpster fire.

Margie and JG laid it out for me. I forget that GRM is a small and personal company, not a corporate money machine.

The size and quality of your magazine is second to none. Thanks.  yes

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
11/13/19 8:30 a.m.

In reply to Shadeux :

Most of us are here for the ducks.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
11/13/19 8:41 a.m.

In reply to spacecadet :

You could nominate it, but doing so is one sure way to make sure it doesn't make it in. It's like the commentators curse. First rule of 'Say What?' is that you don't talk about 'Say What?' Besides, I don't think they typically choose their own forum posts - that would be a bit like a self-licking ice cream cone.

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/13/19 9:25 a.m.
Patrick said:

My magazine/calendar came with a live spider in the bag

I'm disappointed. I didn't get an extra prize in mine.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/13/19 9:32 a.m.

I love this thread so much.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/13/19 10:03 a.m.
JG Pasterjak said:

I'll hawk 

I think falconry and raising ducks might be at odds with each other.

_
_ Dork
11/13/19 10:11 a.m.

My favorite food is duck. JG has a lot of ducks. This makes me wonder. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/13/19 10:18 a.m.
Daylan C said:
Patrick said:

I'm disappointed. I didn't get an extra prize in mine.

There is. Wash your hands.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA SuperDork
11/13/19 10:23 a.m.
Cooter said:

In reply to Shadeux :

[URL=http://s240.photobucket.com/user/NOTATA/media/001_zpsd145355e.jpg.html][/URL]

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
11/13/19 10:39 a.m.
_ said:

My favorite food is duck. JG has a lot of ducks. This makes me wonder. 

Well, as on this morning I have a LOT fewer ducks, but a very full blue heron. He's spent the last day picking off 10 (!??!?!?!?) of the babies. This is after going three weeks without touching a single one of the first batch of babies. Now he's walking around looking at me like "Why didn't you tell me these things were so delicious before now?!?!" 

So I'm currently working in my shop office and the ducks are all in the shop peeping and pooping away. Just got to get these babies another week before they're too big to eat like Cheetos.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/13/19 10:55 a.m.

In reply to JG Pasterjak :

Now I'm wondering what duckling stuffed blue heron taste like. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/13/19 11:13 a.m.
Stampie said:

Put it in a turkey & call it turdherduckling?

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/13/19 11:44 a.m.
Pete Gossett said:
Stampie said:

Put it in a turkey & call it turdherduckling?

I want to eat that now.....

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
11/13/19 12:10 p.m.

All this duck talk.  If y'all knew what my last name translated to from the Fresian....

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
11/13/19 3:52 p.m.

NOT A TA said:
Cooter said:

In reply to Shadeux :

[URL=http://s240.photobucket.com/user/NOTATA/media/001_zpsd145355e.jpg.html][/URL]

Mallards love MoPars

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/13/19 3:54 p.m.

So October was my last issue. I just got the new issue today.

Thanks I think? I know I need to renew, just pleasant surprise when I got the mail today.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
11/13/19 4:03 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

That's called a "grace" issue--it's technically the first copy of your renewal sub, and is sent so you don't have any interruption in service if your renewal hasn't come in early enough to beat your expiration date. (And thanks for re-upping.) 

Margie

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project HalfDork
11/13/19 4:10 p.m.
Patrick said:

Wait you got a calendar?

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/13/19 4:33 p.m.

In reply to NOT A TA :

A duck on a patio, bold move.

I now want to start a duck feed company, Berkeley duck feed. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/13/19 5:07 p.m.

In reply to TheRX7Project :

My bad i assumed it was a calendar it's just a safety gear ad.  Carli did take a picture of the spider inside the wrapper.  

NOT A TA
NOT A TA SuperDork
11/13/19 5:11 p.m.

In reply to captdownshift :

I refuse to feed them or they'll call my place home and crap everywhere, all day, every day. That pic was taken right before renovation started and I asked Fred the duck to move on because once powerwashing and painting began I didn't want duck crap everywhere.. Unfortunately for "Fred" Muscovy ducks don't do well in the modern world and a school bus flattened him a couple days later. I told my neighbors who were feeding the ducks to stop because the ducks were all getting hit crossing the road from the canal to get fed. The ducks don't understand the cars and traffic and act like they don't even hear horns. They'll just stand in the road not moving at all for vehicles.

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/13/19 5:30 p.m.
Patrick said:

In reply to TheRX7Project :

My bad i assumed it was a calendar it's just a safety gear ad.  Carli did take a picture of the spider inside the wrapper.  

I opened it in the dark when i got home last night. "Ooh a calender...oh nevermind" was my response.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/13/19 7:08 p.m.

In reply to NOT A TA :

It's ashame herons aren't scavengers. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/13/19 7:15 p.m.
NOT A TA said:

In reply to captdownshift :

I refuse to feed them or they'll call my place home and crap everywhere, all day, every day. That pic was taken right before renovation started and I asked Fred the duck to move on because once powerwashing and painting began I didn't want duck crap everywhere.. Unfortunately for "Fred" Muscovy ducks don't do well in the modern world and a school bus flattened him a couple days later. I told my neighbors who were feeding the ducks to stop because the ducks were all getting hit crossing the road from the canal to get fed. The ducks don't understand the cars and traffic and act like they don't even hear horns. They'll just stand in the road not moving at all for vehicles.

And that's why everyone who drives in Russia has a dashcam.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
11/13/19 8:04 p.m.
_ said:

I like that they do this. Would you rather have those weird ads in the back of most car magazines?

"Bolt on 50hp with this tornado device!"

"be the coolest guy around with this radiator!"

"nice Asian girls at this number!" Wait... I've divulged too much again.

Oh man, those ads...

I will never forget cracking open an issue of Car Craft when I was about 12 and seeing a message in the back stating "Eastern European ladies want to meet YOU!". I felt kinda special. 

These days, I'd rather get special feelings from cool, useful speed parts than strange ladies from Eastern Europe, thank you very much. 

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
o8CWuOVmCBjxehDZjRvd9EJgXynFm3hBFnBxFBvYyCZtpvQGxNDqLQ7Y8DENdZrW