1 2
speedblind
speedblind New Reader
1/2/09 3:21 p.m.

I've been shopping around for another WRX as well. When I sold my 2002 a few years back, it had over 100 drag passes, 3-4 track days and 80k miles. Most of its life it had seen the basic exhaust/reflash power mods. Clutch had just started to slip. Oil analysis was perfect and the engine still made perfect compression. Great car, bulletproof and drove quite well on a basic shock/spring/swaybar upgraded suspension.

Great cars, and they're all over the place for 7-9K. I've even seen some higher mileage cars in the 6K range.

Osterizer
Osterizer HalfDork
1/2/09 6:50 p.m.
Datsun1500 wrote: Why does the one on CL say leather seats? You can see in the photos they are cloth....

No power seats either.

Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/2/09 7:51 p.m.

I still think of the WRX as a 'new' car, but it is definitely grassroots. With clean higher-mileage cars under $10k, they're going to be showing up more and more around here. If you have a WRX wagon and a Miata, you've got just about every worthwhile aspect of motoring covered.

Osterizer, I think your mod list pretty much nailed the best bang-for-the-buck approach to these cars. I'm doing just about the same thing.

Osterizer
Osterizer HalfDork
1/6/09 7:42 p.m.

One week report:

I love this car.

Though I'm catching grief from my friends about it being a wagon, though. Berkley them, I've managed to get practicality with practically (hur hur) no downside!

jdmae92
jdmae92 GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/14/09 7:59 p.m.

Ever since I saw this I have been seriously considering selling off all my project/unreliable cars and buying a WRX.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
1/14/09 8:05 p.m.
Osterizer wrote: One week report: I *love* this car. Though I'm catching grief from my friends about it being a wagon, though. Berkley them, I've managed to get practicality with practically (hur hur) no downside!

Open up the exhaust and get that tune, they will come around.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
1/15/09 9:15 a.m.

I never realized that Austin-Healey made a wagon.

jstein77
jstein77 HalfDork
1/15/09 11:23 a.m.
Osterizer wrote:
ignorant wrote: wonderful.. if you don't mind me asking, what did you pay?
$11,100. $40 less than what KBB says it's worth. Probably could have haggled it down a bit, but that's what was left on the guy's loan (also, buying a car with a lien on it IS A BITCH. ARG!) and I really, really, really wanted it after I saw it. I mean, it might be the cleanest stock bugeye wagon in the States.

11K left on a loan for a 7 year old car?

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
1/15/09 11:30 a.m.
jstein77 wrote:

11K left on a loan for a 7 year old car?

The previous owner is lucky the WRXs hold their value pretty well (sold for 44% of initial MSRP after 7 years).

Black Stig
Black Stig Reader
1/15/09 12:00 p.m.

SWEET!!!

Rally Time!!!!!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8JXnxpIfHLWKFetM6qVLj2ky47rsDemtpk2qmyAl8j6QskE2hgglNolW0XgNm2Qz