Curmudgeon SuperDork
1/12/12 5:00 p.m.

In the near corner: Canada.

In the far corner: Australia.

Zomby woof
Zomby woof SuperDork
1/12/12 6:29 p.m.

Seems like a good match

I was suggesting that there is a lot more to fuel economy than just RPM, and added an example of my own experience. That, and adding an overdrive gear to an already overdriven trans. might not work out so well. Somebody missed that. If you have a car that has an OEM 6th gear, the overdrive (6th) will likely be very similar to a normal 5th gear, with the other ratios being closer.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
1/12/12 6:55 p.m.
HiTempguy wrote:
poopshovel wrote: ??????? I'm struggling to find the relevance here.
That it is perfectly acceptable to zing small displacement motors on the highway if it works fine on larger displacement ones? Hur dur.

Holeee derail batman. Everyone just calm the berkeley down!!!

Your monster STI can 'zing' along at 9 berkeleying grand and get 5mpg if it makes you happy. My point was that my 120hp econopig would serve me better by getting 40mpg hwy than by giving me the ability to do underpowered ricer fly-by's. Get it?

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
1/12/12 6:58 p.m.
Zomby woof wrote: Seems like a good match I was suggesting that there is a lot more to fuel economy than just RPM, and added an example of my own experience. That, and adding an overdrive gear to an already overdriven trans. might not work out so well. Somebody missed that. If you have a car that has an OEM 6th gear, the overdrive (6th) will likely be very similar to a normal 5th gear, with the other ratios being closer.

I WISH IT HAD A TALLER 5TH. Or, a sixth gear. Better? Jesus.

Zomby woof
Zomby woof SuperDork
1/12/12 7:24 p.m.

That was not directed toward you. And stop calling me names.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
1/12/12 7:27 p.m.

I wish my MSM had a 7th gear.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
1/12/12 9:51 p.m.

I wish my aunt had a dick...no wait...it's gotta be YOUR bull. I digress.

JFX001
JFX001 SuperDork
1/12/12 10:12 p.m.

The only thing that I dislike about the Fit is they got rid of the cool looking panasport-esque wheels as an option when they first came out...

Oh...IIRC, our Odyssey is a tick under 2k at 70mph...

Fit_Is_Slo
Fit_Is_Slo Reader
1/14/12 1:34 p.m.

I love mine have 88k on it right now mine is an 08 sport auto, I bought it new. Its not the best at anything but it does everything if that makes sense. The only failure so far is i started having strange voltage spikes and dips and it ended up being the alternator.. other than that stone dead reliable. I have been more anal about mantience than the factory recommends however, oil change every 3-4k, 3 trans services so far, plugs and first set of front pads at 75k.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
1/14/12 4:37 p.m.

Did you do the plugs yourself?

Fit_Is_Slo
Fit_Is_Slo Reader
1/14/12 4:50 p.m.

Actually a guy i work with did when we were slow at the dealership i work with but it looked easy to me, but i think the first gens have more room

NewEdgePerf
NewEdgePerf New Reader
1/15/12 7:50 p.m.

Did you know that Progress makes a rear sway bar for each of the generations of the Honda Fit? Quite popular.

Tony D

gamby
gamby SuperDork
1/15/12 8:12 p.m.
JFX001 wrote: The only thing that I dislike about the Fit is they got rid of the cool looking panasport-esque wheels as an option when they first came out...

I have no recollection of those. I'd assume they're MASSIVE theft magnets, though.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
1/15/12 8:16 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
gamby wrote:
poopshovel wrote: I need to snap a pic of it in its "winter warrior" mode--15" wheels with 195-60-15 Altimaxes.
I'd like to see that!
Sorry--I forgot about this thread. I'll try to remember to do it tomorrow.
JFX001
JFX001 SuperDork
1/15/12 8:57 p.m.
gamby wrote:
JFX001 wrote: The only thing that I dislike about the Fit is they got rid of the cool looking panasport-esque wheels as an option when they first came out...
I have no recollection of those. I'd assume they're MASSIVE theft magnets, though.

They were available as an option on the Sport models. Cool looking wheels, and I agree with you about the theft angle.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
1/15/12 10:08 p.m.

No trace of them on google images. I've been off of Honda Tech too long to be familiar with them.

When I get a 1st gen Fit Sport to replace my beater Civic (in a couple of years), I'll get a very good alarm on it because I know those wheels are hot with Honda thieves. I've seen many a ghetto Honda with Fit wheels that were most certainly not bought legally.

Mind you, I had an EG Civic stolen out of my driveway. I don't live in the hood, but I'm a bit too close to it for comfort.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
1/16/12 8:42 a.m.

Farm livin' is the life for me.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
1/16/12 9:10 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: I wish my aunt had a dick...

Incestual-tranny aficionado alert!

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
1/16/12 9:40 a.m.

They were a dealer installed part, not officially an option. Here they are: http://www.collegehillshonda.com/honda-fit-accessories/2007-2008-honda-fit-alloy-wheels.htm

JFX001
JFX001 SuperDork
1/16/12 12:29 p.m.
jimbob_racing wrote:
They were a dealer installed part, not officially an option. Here they are: http://www.collegehillshonda.com/honda-fit-accessories/2007-2008-honda-fit-alloy-wheels.htm

The wheels were available as an option for the Sport Model in '07. They were on the website as an option when you "built" your Fit.

**EDIT..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybsucTGURd4&feature=related

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
1/16/12 6:21 p.m.
JFX001 wrote:
jimbob_racing wrote:
The wheels were available as an option for the Sport Model in '07. They were on the website as an option when you "built" your Fit. **EDIT..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybsucTGURd4&feature=related

They look the same to me.

poopshovel
poopshovel SuperDork
1/16/12 6:54 p.m.

Another shocker: I brought a 40 x 60" piece of foamboard home. F'd it up a little squeezing it in the integra, and had to ride with the steering wheel in my gut. Had to transport it to another location in the fit, and woke up at 3AM panicking when I remembered the fit is actually shorter than the integra. Good news: The distance between shock towers is exactly 40" on the fit, and the roofline is higher. Didn't even have to adjust my seat

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/16/12 7:52 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
poopshovel wrote: I wish my aunt had a dick...
Incestual-tranny aficionado alert!

i hate my brain sometimes. how did i not make the association between aunt-with-a-dick and tranny? clearly the subject is trannies.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
1/16/12 11:45 p.m.

Snow mode:

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
t5DzPfv0oZURCdZC9LqCfc8rXPSCFrJYCALtXodml5A9TZFmAKJsOMXEMVW63nH8