914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
6/18/12 9:08 a.m.

Wow! Eat any glass? You OK?

greenwoodjw
greenwoodjw GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/18/12 9:10 a.m.

In reply to 914Driver:

I ate lots of glass. Visor down always from now on.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
6/18/12 9:11 a.m.

Jesus man, that thing came out of NOWHERE! Glad to see you ain't dead.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave MegaDork
6/18/12 9:13 a.m.

Scary. Get any in your eyes? Are you OK, other than your driver suit and underpants?

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker UltimaDork
6/18/12 9:13 a.m.

Oh man... that sucks. How bad is the damage to the front clip? I lost a front bumper to a ground hog there in turn 4 last July but that is a whole order of "Holy E36 M3" larger.

Will you be making jerky?

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/18/12 9:27 a.m.

Ouch!!!. Hope the car isn't too bad.

greenwoodjw
greenwoodjw GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/18/12 9:27 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: Oh man... that sucks. How bad is the damage to the front clip? I lost a front bumper to a ground hog there in turn 4 last July but that is a whole order of "Holy E36 M3" larger. Will you be making jerky?

http://blog.axisofoversteer.com/2012/06/racetracks-cars-and-deer-do-not-mix.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FIIuhR+%28Axis+Of+Oversteer%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

Here is an "after" photo.

Steve Chryssos
Steve Chryssos Associate Publisher
6/18/12 9:29 a.m.

Glad you're okay!

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
6/18/12 9:31 a.m.

Did you kiss it? I think I saw you kiss it.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker UltimaDork
6/18/12 9:33 a.m.
greenwoodjw wrote:
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: Oh man... that sucks. How bad is the damage to the front clip? I lost a front bumper to a ground hog there in turn 4 last July but that is a whole order of "Holy E36 M3" larger. Will you be making jerky?
http://blog.axisofoversteer.com/2012/06/racetracks-cars-and-deer-do-not-mix.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FIIuhR+%28Axis+Of+Oversteer%29&utm_content=Google+Reader Here is an "after" photo.

Ya know... I figured that was going to be a lot worse than that. It looks like the window took the brunt of it. Time for Lexan!

ProDarwin
ProDarwin SuperDork
6/18/12 9:49 a.m.

Wow! That sucks. Was the car you passed running video? I want to see that from behind.

I almost nailed one at Capitol Offense 2 years ago coming down the back straight on Shenendoah. It was almost a E36 M3-my-pants moment, but our car was slow I had plenty of time to react.

fasted58
fasted58 UltraDork
6/18/12 10:05 a.m.

Glad you're OK, cars can be repaired

good thing it didn't enter the cabin, you'd be berkeleyed big time

fromeast2west
fromeast2west Reader
6/18/12 10:27 a.m.

Do you at least get the venison and some antlers to mount on the wall of your garage?

ValuePack
ValuePack Dork
6/18/12 10:44 a.m.

"Is Bambi ok?"

"more than ok, delicious"

BWAHAHAHAHA! Glad you're alright, man.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
6/18/12 11:07 a.m.

Wow!

That could have gotten REALLY nasty. Glad you're okay. The car could be in much worse shape after that.

Raze
Raze SuperDork
6/18/12 11:13 a.m.

I like your license plate, FST LRNR, I guess next up is how to mount a brush/deer guard to a Z06 while running in the wilds of WV

In all seriousness though, glad to hear you're ok, that looked mighty scary, I'm sure some idiots were laughing, but that sort of thing could have equaled death if said deer were say 2 feet further left and had gone full-on through the glass, amazing how close, close calls really are...

Rufledt
Rufledt Dork
6/18/12 11:19 a.m.

whoa in the slowmo it looks like it almost enters the cabin. Glad you didn't eat it at full speed.

Venison burger time? It's already pre-tenderized!

Powar
Powar Dork
6/18/12 11:21 a.m.

That is effing nuts. I've only spent time on a road course twice, but I never considered the local wildlife (aside from other drivers) to be a real risk.

Mitchell
Mitchell SuperDork
6/18/12 11:35 a.m.

Can you still file a deer strike under comprehensive insurance when it happened on a track?

jere
jere Reader
6/18/12 12:04 p.m.

It's a good thing that front bumper took some of that hit. If bambi had been jumped into and taken full force on the windshield it would probably ended up in your lap. Catching glass in the face sucks tho - I've been there too.

Pete240Z
Pete240Z UltraDork
6/18/12 12:06 p.m.

We have a truck driver friend that told me once he fears hitting a deer and it coming into his cab and kicking him. Now I realize how easy that could happen.

Glad to hear your okay.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
6/18/12 12:06 p.m.

I'd tell you to carve a deer into your fender, but its not there anymore.

Twin_Cam
Twin_Cam UltraDork
6/18/12 12:10 p.m.

Holy eff. You were a lot more quiet than I would've been. There would've been a huge, HUGE string of curses following that if it were me.

Glad you're ok, the ZO6 doesn't look too bad, either.

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
6/18/12 1:32 p.m.

Hey, you made headlines:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jGXoo9AlkNFzyIpU08zbH6OfT4f61d2w7nGELno2zDe90M3TXAzsZdzYI8b4Kjii