1 2 3 4
petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/8/16 10:36 a.m.
mazdeuce wrote: I've finally figured out that with enough power and responsive shifting automatics are ok.

QFT

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/8/16 11:15 a.m.

In reply to Huckleberry:

Mmm, bar hag!

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/8/16 11:33 a.m.

always loved the XJS.. even if the Jag faithful turned their noses up at it after the E-Type

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
10/8/16 2:19 p.m.

That thing needs cutouts so bad.

t25torx
t25torx Dork
10/9/16 10:19 a.m.
petegossett wrote:
mazdeuce wrote: I've finally figured out that with enough power and responsive shifting automatics are ok.
QFT

Indeed. The C55's auto was miles ahead of any auto I had driven up to that point. I still prefer a manual, but enough HP and a good auto can be acceptable.

Oh and Jav, have gone mental son?

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/9/16 9:41 p.m.

No, I haven't worked on it since driving it home. Yesterday was family trip to the farm day and today was Street Survival School. I'll get started on it tomorrow.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
10/10/16 6:24 a.m.

Sometimes you know the pain is coming but it's worth it to keep going. I predict some heartburn but also some good times and it will always be good looking.

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 HalfDork
10/10/16 12:37 p.m.

You know it's good when the radiator hoses have those capped off tee fittings from autozone. Those are a very common trend in my history of poor automotive purchases.

That said, I really want to see where this goes.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
10/10/16 12:59 p.m.
rob_lewis wrote: -Rob

so much want!

Javelin
10/10/16 9:49 p.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

You can buy it!

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
10/11/16 9:28 a.m.
Javelin wrote: In reply to Bobzilla: You can buy it!

no... don't tempt me. We just spent $8k on the house.... she'd kill me if she knew I was looking at his with lust filled eyes.

Javelin
10/11/16 2:36 p.m.

In reply to Bobzilla:

I'll cover for you, lol!

Groats
Groats New Reader
10/12/16 4:19 a.m.

You seriously thinking of getting rid of it? I'm only a couple of hours away and have the rest of this week off... How bad of a nightmare would this be?

Javelin
10/12/16 11:38 a.m.
Groats wrote: You seriously thinking of getting rid of it? I'm only a couple of hours away and have the rest of this week off... How bad of a nightmare would this be?

Uh, yeah, it's kinda what I do. I buy interesting cars that need a little love, fix them up, and flip them for a profit. This one's no nightmare at all, the shop that did the swap did it right. It's a nice car!

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oXUrhkdPxLMdjESGXmdaYEhAjl32B0L7XfqeOPHgA9SznhwX6IzeED9F4Z0YJ1u2