1 2
EricM
EricM HalfDork
6/5/09 8:31 a.m.
Jensenman wrote: I know styling is subjective, I sorta like the nose but it's a bit big in the bustle. From behind it looks like a fat old woman pulling weeds in her flowerbed.

Oddly, that is exactly why I like it. Oh and I would toatally hit that!

EricM
EricM HalfDork
6/5/09 9:22 a.m.

I wonder if I like it because I like the appolo GT (the thorndyke special)

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
6/5/09 9:34 a.m.
EricM wrote:
Jensenman wrote: I know styling is subjective, I sorta like the nose but it's a bit big in the bustle. From behind it looks like a fat old woman pulling weeds in her flowerbed.
Oddly, that is exactly why I like it. Oh and I would toatally hit that!

Oh my.

Hal
Hal HalfDork
6/5/09 10:02 a.m.

A friend has one. Only car I have had more trouble getting in and out of is another friends Lotus Europa.

daytonaer
daytonaer Reader
6/5/09 10:24 a.m.
Lesley wrote: No manual in the SRT6. I drove it, and a manual convertible. Huge ewwww factor, just because it's a rolling blindspot. But I love the hardtop and if I had the bucks, I'd buy one.

I forgot about that. you see through a mail slot in the rear view mirror, and if you go faster, the wing comes up and completely blocks all view.

There is not a great deal of room, I'm 6'1" and fit fine but can't stretch out. I didn't pay attention if it would be possible to fit a helmet on without reclining the seat. I have never pushed it on turns (only driven on the street) but it will do a mean brake stand if you turn off traction control.

Overall, I think if you like the styling there are some great deals in the used market. I didn't think you could get a stick with the supercharged v6, but you could on the base, which should run low 15 to high 14's in the 1/4 to give you a feel of the "speed."

Last time I was looking at them the srt owners were doing some pretty sweet mods, not just keeping them stock.

MA2LA
MA2LA New Reader
6/6/09 8:53 a.m.

My ex had a 07 roadster and i realy enjoyed driving it.. for only 215hp it did very well and she had it to 155 witch suprized me. the drive by wire was very wierd the way it worked expecialy when you were trying to blance it when playing on on ramp for the interstate. the seats weren't all that great either but the auto stick was fun and the stability control made for some interesting times when playing hard. the srt6 is a real sleeper its not to hard to get about 450hp from them.

tyler7685
tyler7685
9/16/09 12:22 a.m.

manual roadster is the only way to go dude... Clarkson hated the hard top (because that roof is really really bad honestly) and chose the base model convertible over the audi tt convertable and the nissan z car convertible in that Iceland episode...

im considering getting one of these because ive been finding some really good deals....however my biggest concern is that gearbox Hammond said it was stupid and awkward but im not sure about specifics... im trying to find a review that mentions something about that

AND!! since 40% of the parts in the crossfire are Mercedes parts im wondering what aftermarket parts might be available from AMG or even maybe Brabus

if i get one id like to tune up the brakes and suspension a bit (without sacrificing the comfortable ride... hopefully) and get a turbo kit that might offer about or slightly more power than the supercharger from the srt6.. reason being is because i believe a turbo will get better economy than the supercharger

any thoughts?

jrw1621
jrw1621 HalfDork
9/16/09 6:28 a.m.

Interestingly, the base model coupe, where you are most likely to find a manual trans, only was available in black. If you wanted a more upscale model you could then choose your color.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IIB72bvHspGUBQ5wGwjs8SAKRs0lFUw8tVP8MgqXKql4DirskisokoT6uglAlOqj