TOZOVR
TOZOVR New Reader
6/27/08 10:06 p.m.

Well with another autoX coming up this sunday, I figured it was time to install the sub-frame connectors that were taking up space in the shop. Went fairly smoothly aside from one split shifter bushing (nothing to do with the welding etc...just happened to split when I backed out for the test drive LOL)

I put the new ECSTAs on yesterday and was very happy with the increased grip, but not, with the extra stiffness, I'm amazed at the car. A completely new animal! She surely doesn''t drive like a 20 year old ford!!

RJ

ncjay
ncjay New Reader
6/28/08 6:18 a.m.

The thought occurred to me a few weeks ago - "Where would auto racing be without the MIG welder?" It has made car building so much easier and more accessible to the average (maybe slightly above average) joe. I, for one, am glad that someone invented the MIG welder.

TOZOVR
TOZOVR New Reader
6/28/08 6:43 a.m.

The MIG and the 18 MM socket.

grtechguy
grtechguy SuperDork
6/28/08 7:24 a.m.

why the 18mm socket?

chknhwk
chknhwk New Reader
6/28/08 12:31 p.m.

Oh look, another Mocha SHO. Looks good! I'm curious what other things you've done to it. I'm starting to miss mine but I'm leary about parking it at my apartment complex because they already tried towing one of my vehicles...

16vCorey
16vCorey Dork
6/28/08 2:37 p.m.
grtechguy wrote: why the 18mm socket?

GM bell housing bolts and old Honda MC spark plugs?

TOZOVR
TOZOVR New Reader
6/28/08 4:35 p.m.

That and about every suspension part on my brothers Focus LOL.

chknhwk, It's Lt Titanium Metallic :)

List of mods is as follows... '96+ SHO brake upgrade Earls Stainless Lines Aluminum Subframe Bushings Poly tranny/engine mounts 75mm Cobra MAF Supertrapp mufflers Intrax Springs and subframe connectors.

neon4891
neon4891 HalfDork
6/28/08 7:38 p.m.

proof a taurus can be not sucky

chknhwk
chknhwk New Reader
6/29/08 9:06 p.m.

That's what I said, Mocha. Cereally, is that the official name or does my monitor just suck that bad and making it look like Mocha?

TOZOVR
TOZOVR New Reader
6/29/08 9:43 p.m.
chknhwk wrote: That's what I said, Mocha. Cereally, is that the official name or does my monitor just suck that bad and making it look like Mocha?

they look identical unless they're parked next to each other LOL.

chknhwk
chknhwk New Reader
6/30/08 8:22 a.m.

Suddenly it all makes sense... Do you have a mod list anywhere? I'm curious as to your plans and accomplishments so far with it. All my '91 has is an aftermarket stereo (in it when I bought it) and the '96 knuckle/brake upgrade. I've upgraded the tires to Avon's and it's got Monroe Sensatracs on it - at least until I decide what I want. Finding some lightweight 17x8's is proving to be difficult...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SIZ9eaeikklQgPXCHogGhedK13ZkQJxuajEuLpAUeeeu543E8h1HE1S8zdmqIdB2