Jerry
Jerry Dork
9/18/13 8:36 a.m.

Chicago CL ad

Someone posted it on Facebook last night, and it's haunted me since. I really wanted to wait until Spring for a new car, but this.....sounds interesting. I commented casually if he'd take $20k I'd be interested, he replied this morning that it's waaaay under trade-in and he'd go Carmax if that's all he could get. Kinda sounded douchey.

"2008 Wicked White Mitsubishi Evolution X for sale 40476 miles $24750

1 owner, oil changed every 3k miles, all stock except a few cosmetic upgrades like carbon fiber hood scoop and APR roof vortex generator and Ralliart Titanium pedals. All mobile 1 oil and OEM Mitsubishi oil filters. Has SSS package(Sight, Sound, Spoiler). OEM Aero option rear valence included. Upgraded 2010+ OEM tail lights. The paint is flawless. Has zero dents. Garage kept and parked far from other cars whenever I park at parking lots. Interior is clean, the rear seats never used since I mainly drive it solo with no passengers.

Hood latch TSB, seat staple TSB, fuel line TSB, AWC programming TSB all been completed under warranty at Max Madsen Mitsubishi in Aurora. A/C ice cold, Always garaged, Looks & drives great, No accidents, Mostly highway miles, Must see, Satellite radio, Title in hand, Well maintained"

I did a quick glance at Edmunds and they suggested like $22k. I admit I know very little about these except they are awesome cars, a big Sub/EVO rivalry and all.

What do you guys think it's worth?

docwyte
docwyte HalfDork
9/18/13 8:55 a.m.

So you offer him less than he wants, he responds that he'd rather trade it in and you think that's douchey?

If the roles were reversed what would you do? If someone low balled me, I'd politely decline and tell them much the same thing. Trading it in for the same amount gets you more $$ as it lowers the tax load on the car you're buying from the dealer, effectively getting you more for your trade.

octavious
octavious Reader
9/18/13 9:17 a.m.

I was thinking 4 TSBs for a car with 3k miles, is that a sign of things to come?

Jerry
Jerry Dork
9/18/13 9:19 a.m.
docwyte wrote: So you offer him less than he wants, he responds that he'd rather trade it in and you think that's douchey?

Maybe I got a little butt-hurt. In my head, I was making a casual comment without being serious (but maybe testing the waters). It wasn't the owner's post, but someone else's. Moving along.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HfFwDZXA4hsUIFrXW58oWoU8YxMVhL9AJrHddH93ndIkRKgQLspq89jGXz5QSo4f