1 2 3
Jerry
Jerry UberDork
11/14/19 6:56 p.m.

Blizzak WS80 tires were on sale for $90ish each, decided I didn't like the OEM wheels anyway, went with 225-65/16 for some extra sidewall and stayed with Sparco like the WRX.  I like it...

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
12/21/19 10:28 a.m.

Finally got the light bars wired up.  Not sure how much use they'll get but they're fun.  12k maintenance scheduled for next Friday while I'm off work.  Apparently there's a recall for possible starter motor issues with it staying energized too long or something they will be checking as well.  I foresee no problems.  I still love driving this thing.

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
1/5/20 9:18 p.m.

I berkeleying hate I-75.  Not even a year old, this is Friday coming home from work.  Pretty sure the Abarth had a similar fate even sooner like 4 months.  I checked my insurance, at least it's only a $100 deductible.  I found the box for the dashcam and the spare mount, 501st vinyl already reordered.  Not sure I'll do the blasters again, if I do this new vinyl cutter will handle that.  (501st stuff is tricky and has to be bought from official sources ok'd by LFL and the Mouse.)

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
2/28/20 11:42 a.m.

One year anniversary today. 14.7k miles. Still much fun.

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
9/9/20 9:20 a.m.

Figured I'd give a little update.  Had the 18k maintenance in June, a little early but I took my birthday off so why not?  It was considered an express service so no appointment, they still managed in about an hour.  The weather was really nice so I sat in a chair outside under the awning mostly playing with my phone.

Last week on the way home from work, I noticed some fairly obvious static/distortion from the stereo.  Unplugged the phone (Android Auto) & tried a flashdrive, same thing.  I read some forum posts about possibly replacing the head unit and/or amp under the seat.  I was concerned I'd have to take another day off, but ever since it's been fine.

I blame 2020 in general.  (Otherwise it's been no issues.  Last weekend SWMBO & I took a 4.5hr trip up to northern IN for a Star Wars get-together for photos on a beach.  Drove flawlessly both ways.)

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
9/9/20 9:26 a.m.

Any plans on boost?

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
1/23/21 1:11 p.m.

24K maintenance yesterday, really just oil change/tire rotation and a lot of inspecting.  Still no issues to report, I think they topped off the brake fluid.  Went to leave the dealership and the brakes were much quicker to grab.  I thought it felt a little softer recently but nothing to worry about.

Looking around the showroom while waiting, I did see an STI spoiler for it.  Now I'm curious the $, mostly because I'm bored.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/25/21 1:06 p.m.

Cool on the update--thanks. My brother's car shopping and just test drove one. We'll see what happens. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
1/25/21 1:12 p.m.

In reply to Jerry :

They probably just removed the reservoir cap to inspect fluid condition.

It "shouldn't" happen, but it does: As the pads wear, the fluid level drops, and the cap doesn't permit air to easily enter the reservoir, so a small vacuum forms.  This will slightly retract the brakes when you are off the pedal.  Removing the cap breaks the vacuum.

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
1/25/21 1:19 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I will keep this in mind if it happens again.  It wasn't bad, but the last few weeks did feel a little softer/more pedal travel.  Especially coming down a steep hill to turn 120 degrees onto my street.

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
C8mCqtEEZ6W5GRp2nz8B4PQR1o5tGJus7RbCEvH5jT9DVWU4eU3BSZ0UuBeNpjkl