1 2
etifosi
etifosi Dork
11/11/15 7:18 p.m.

Most leases require one has at least 100/300 BI limits with PD of 100k - though some are OK w/50 for PD.

If you have the wherewithal to purchase or lease a new car you should already have such limits to protect your ass(ets) anyway. So the insurance difference is sort of moot.

Besides, you should carry higher than minimum limits so you can protect yourself against someone with no or little insurance if/when they get you.

You can buy more miles upfront on the lease with a lower residual or worse money factor being the result, too.

While leasing isn't for everyone, it is awesome when it works. My wife drives new Legacy for less than 300 a month, has the dealer change the oil and rotate tires every 7500 miles, with state inspection once a year.

When the companies give cars away like Ford and Honda are doing here in PA with O down low low payment leases,why not drive new every 3 instead of driving cars that are out of warranty and rusty before you mail the last payment in?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/12/15 8:28 a.m.
etifosi wrote: When the companies give cars away like Ford and Honda are doing here in PA with O down low low payment leases,why not drive new every 3 instead of driving cars that are out of warranty and rusty before you mail the last payment in?

Because after we paid off my wife's new 2004 TSX purchase in 36 months, she's been driving it for the intervening 96 months with a car payment of ZERO dollars per month plus the cost of consumables. No, it's not less than 3 years old, but it's not rusty and it easily has another 4 or 5 years in it without even trying. And I live about 2 miles south of Pennsylvania; it spends its entire life outside and gets driven 6 days a week. So it's not like it's a babied Southern garage queen.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0zo8CaqRt4Nv2LIThsG2JiIFhbMX3cvZC4iE3tBdk0LtSxfSXjER9PtfJtr57yEl