1 2 3 ... 8
wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
3/16/17 8:40 p.m.

Sorry have to vent.

Got T-boned by someone last weekend. Just got the inspectors report back and honestly the entire passenger side body and suspension and wheels and paint will need to be replaced. Hood and rear trunk are not fitting correctly and the front bumper and splinter is cracked. Apparently now its leaking brake fluid and the exhaust is loose as well with a crack in the header. Not a single scratch on me was able to drive about a mile home slow. Wheels are pushed in a solid 1 inch on the passenger side and are seriously crocked.

Kind of despondent over this. Other driver was clearly at fault and should be a 0 fault accident after speaking with both companies. details to follow once they are settled as they are a little crazy. This was going to be a serious long term keeper car.

If anybody sees another 2010 ACR hardcore car for sale that is modified out the wazoo let me know. I have a stated value policy on the car but its up there and well they would like to see what it would cost to replace. ~50K in modifications that I have receipts for are covered not the labor and market increases in the last year.

I think I am going to take a step back and just keep driving the Miata for track use and maybe get a 458 or another 430 for the weekend of I can swing a good deal. Would love a line on a C8 spyker as well.

Burrito
Burrito Dork
3/16/17 8:43 p.m.

It's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.

Which is easy for me to say because I do not own a Dodge Viper.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/16/17 8:47 p.m.

In reply to Burrito:

I loved that car. And its not even mine. Hope the insurance doesn't lowball you and pays big.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
3/16/17 8:49 p.m.

Stated value policy. So yeah its going to be a BIG check.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/16/17 8:58 p.m.

Damn that sucks.

But, CNC had a gunmetal 458 Italia for 198k. I Don't know what your budget is but it's more than I cam comprehend lol.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/16/17 9:00 p.m.

Big enough for another Viper ACR?

snailmont5oh
snailmont5oh HalfDork
3/16/17 9:04 p.m.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Glad you weren't hurt, but I feel you on losing the car. I hope you get another unicorn.

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds HalfDork
3/16/17 9:05 p.m.

Sorry about the Viper, hope you find just the right replacement.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
3/16/17 9:08 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: Big enough for another Viper ACR?

For a used Gen V ACR-E maybe. Personally I think they made to many of the Gen V ACR's and well its not the same and the Gen IV. The no traction control and the more visceral feeling is why I love the gen III/IV. Very few Gen IV's for sale now as they are all getting scooped up by collectors.

I need to figure something out. I sold the 05 Thunderbird to a friend who has given me a deposit. The Miata while street legal has no AC no power steering no airbags. I am going back to the F250 XL but its a pig and setup almost as a bugout truck then anything else. Need to get the check then I can start thinking. Friends are saying 650s but the shopping experience on those was so horrible and no local dealer.

Might just find a clean PDK turbo 911 and call it a day so I can something I can drive every day. If I could live with the truck I would get a used Atom and that would make me pretty happy and would be 1/3 the price of a newer ACR.

fireball123
fireball123 Reader
3/16/17 9:20 p.m.

Any pics of the deceased viper?

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
3/16/17 9:33 p.m.

So sorry to hear that....

But perhaps you can make lemon aid from the lemons? ? ?

Viper Kart ?

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
3/16/17 9:38 p.m.

You know I was talking about building a death kart

Cotton
Cotton UberDork
3/16/17 9:38 p.m.

Are you going to look into buy back on the viper? If you end up with another one the modifications and other parts could be useful. I bought my last two totals back.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
3/16/17 9:44 p.m.

Sorry your car got wrecked. Good you weren't hurt.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
3/16/17 9:47 p.m.

:( sorry to hear it man.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/16/17 9:50 p.m.

Ugh, sorry to hear this.

I thought you had the i3 for daily duty?

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock UltimaDork
3/16/17 10:06 p.m.

Sorry to hear about the car.

Side note. I still want to know who the person was behind the alias who was adamant that this car never existed...

Cotton
Cotton UberDork
3/16/17 10:15 p.m.
Nick (Bo) Comstock wrote: Sorry to hear about the car. Side note. I still want to know who the person was behind the alias who was adamant that this car never existed...

I forgot about that, but yeah that was really weird. Dude was just being a complete dick.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
3/16/17 10:18 p.m.
Cotton wrote: Are you going to look into buy back on the viper? If you end up with another one the modifications and other parts could be useful. I bought my last two totals back.

I may, if the suspension is bent then yeah I am not taking it back. If its just body work and paint I can live with the crappy fit and finish and I can really use it more on the track. I have heard through the grapevine that viper's loose alignment really easy with a hard hit but I have a seriously hard time believing that there a inch of travel in the while system.

I3 went back off lease a while back. I actually kind of miss it even though it was a unreliable piece of E36 M3. It was a comfortable piece of E36 M3 though. A friend got the 2017 with the bigger battery pack and he is getting really good mileage out of it. They throw 199$ lease offers all the time in the mail as I had one before but I would need the rex motor and that takes it up to 400$ or so with about 2k out of pocket and I don;t like it that much.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/16/17 10:48 p.m.

why not a tesla instead of the i3?

Mitchell
Mitchell UberDork
3/16/17 11:22 p.m.

Did the other driver say that he/she did not see it? I recall that the Viper was bright, bright green.

Fistfull of cash and a $38k '99 GTS? link

$105k gated Gallardo? link

I spend too much time drooling over the F-chat classifieds...

Cotton
Cotton UberDork
3/16/17 11:43 p.m.
Mitchell wrote: Did the other driver say that he/she did not see it? I recall that the Viper was bright, bright green. Fistfull of cash and a $38k '99 GTS? link $105k gated Gallardo? link I spend too much time drooling over the F-chat classifieds...

I saw that gated Gallardo too....really like that color combo.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/16/17 11:48 p.m.
Cotton wrote:
Nick (Bo) Comstock wrote: Sorry to hear about the car. Side note. I still want to know who the person was behind the alias who was adamant that this car never existed...
I forgot about that, but yeah that was really weird. Dude was just being a complete dick.

Wonder if he'll be back saying that this accident is all a rouse because it never existed in the first place?

WildScotsRacing
WildScotsRacing Dork
3/17/17 6:25 a.m.

As someone who has driven a 458 in anger on a racetrack I can tell you that you will not be disappointed if you go that route.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
3/17/17 6:31 a.m.

I'm glad you made it out ok weary. Sucks about the car.

1 2 3 ... 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ApSeeS9RxQQVUOliXtOdB9DLjb8v3JOOAvlUkXJvPBc5PlyRJQZoTNZ2HRPWqvI9