1 ... 5 6 7 8
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/20/17 6:51 p.m.

Berk yeah?

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
6/20/17 7:56 p.m.

So yeah the truck, supposed to carrying the car, broke down. They sent a normal truck and yeah the driver refused to pick the car up. Now they cannot find another to finish the shipment tonight as that was the low shipment truck.

I am going to go off and drink until I cannot see straight. This is a comedy or errors. I am half xpecting the truck that picks it up tomorrow to catch fire with the viper on the back.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
6/20/17 8:03 p.m.

I think I sense a business opportunity. Working, low deck delivery trucks. Buy me one and I will deliver all the vipers you want, for free.

Driven5
Driven5 Dork
6/20/17 8:32 p.m.
wearymicrobe wrote: Everything that could go wrong has.

Rookie mistake.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
6/20/17 8:39 p.m.
Driven5 wrote:
wearymicrobe wrote: Everything that could go wrong has.
Rookie mistake.

True story. Never doubt worse.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
6/20/17 9:12 p.m.

Trust me I am a cynic I know it can get worse. Just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
6/21/17 3:50 p.m.

The saga is over and it is home safe and sound. Then even detailed it better then I would have expected.

Also got my BBS wheels back today holy tar are they wide. Never really thought about it. So had to do the standard 100$ bill rim shot for instagram.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
6/21/17 4:09 p.m.

You got about 250$ worth of wide there, son!

Driven5
Driven5 Dork
6/21/17 4:22 p.m.

Only two Benny's on three Benny wheels?...Sup wit dat?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
6/21/17 4:49 p.m.

Is it sad that id rather have the cash than the wheel?

Glad this clusterberkeley is almost over for you.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
6/21/17 4:58 p.m.
Driven5 wrote: Only two Benny's on three Benny wheels?...Sup wit dat?

Only had another 50 but did not want to look cheap/

Inspection for loss of use and depreciation is next week. Still on the fence about trading it, had some interesting offers lately. Drove it to work and remembered how much I love Vipers though. Will see if the love lasts or if is just because I was missing the car.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
6/21/17 5:04 p.m.

You know if you had layed them sideways you could fit like six bennys on there.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
7/11/17 8:48 p.m.

So they just denied all of my diminished value, all of my loss of use and my refund for the deductible.

Because and wait for it, my car was built and used for competition. Not that it is illegal for street use but simply that it was prepped for track use. Mind you this is 5 months after submitting the claim.

So yeah, called attorney and I am going to tell them they can keep 100% of what they get from Allstate just drag them through the fire and flame and make them rue the day they insured the women who hit me.

E36 M3 is ON.

The0retical
The0retical SuperDork
7/11/17 9:12 p.m.

In reply to wearymicrobe:

Holy E36 M3 they actually thought that pulling the track use card was a good idea? I always thought that was an internet legend.

I'm not even sure what that has to do with the price of tea in China because she hit you.

Well sometimes they just have to learn the hard way I suppose.

Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
7/11/17 9:15 p.m.

What timing. I'm actually on vacation (visiting the big mouse in the Orlando area) and just signed on for the first time in a while.

I know you're frustrated, I get it. But from your insurance company perspective, I'm sure it's part of your contract and was when you signed it.

You can still make a claim against Allstate on your own for DV. Like I said, I know you're mad, but don't expect them to "rue the day" they insured the woman who hit you. It's a big deal to you, and it should be. Not at all saying it shouldn't. But it's a property damage claim. Allstate should unquestionably take it seriously, but it won't have the quaking in their boots...no matter who your attorney is. I don't know your attorney, but I'd be shocked if they actually had any clear and in depth knowledge of DV. In 20 years, I can't say I have met many...if any...who are. There is very little legal precedent in DV, except for the fact that you have the right to make the claim. So not much an attorney can really do.

From someone who does this daily, my best advice is to ditch the lawyer and present the claim to Allstate yourself. Have info available to support your claim.

Best of luck and let me know if you have questions.

rslifkin
rslifkin SuperDork
7/11/17 9:22 p.m.

To me, if the best excuse they can come up with is the track use thing, they don't have half a leg to stand on. The car being used on the track has nothing to do with damage and loss of use suffered when their client hit the car while it was being driven on the street...

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
7/11/17 10:08 p.m.
Klayfish wrote: What timing. I'm actually on vacation (visiting the big mouse in the Orlando area) and just signed on for the first time in a while. I know you're frustrated, I get it. But from your insurance company perspective, I'm sure it's part of your contract and was when you signed it. You can still make a claim against Allstate on your own for DV. Like I said, I know you're mad, but don't expect them to "rue the day" they insured the woman who hit you. It's a big deal to you, and it should be. Not at all saying it shouldn't. But it's a property damage claim. Allstate should unquestionably take it seriously, but it won't have the quaking in their boots...no matter who your attorney is. I don't know your attorney, but I'd be shocked if they actually had any clear and in depth knowledge of DV. In 20 years, I can't say I have met many...if any...who are. There is very little legal precedent in DV, except for the fact that you have the right to make the claim. So not much an attorney can really do. From someone who does this daily, my best advice is to ditch the lawyer and present the claim to Allstate yourself. Have info available to support your claim. Best of luck and let me know if you have questions.

No Allstate the lady who hit me insurance is saying this. I submitted the claim directly to there loss department, at Allstates request, and they accepted the information and even had an inspector fly out to look at the car. Then they waited another three weeks and dropped the no payment for anything bomb. Even the deductible they owe my insurance company

My insurance company knows exactly what I do with my car and I pay through the nose for the privilege

I have a guy who only really does DV he is more then capable I have spoken with him about this. I am so freaking pissed.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/11/17 10:44 p.m.

So, they're not covering anything?

Driven5
Driven5 Dork
7/12/17 1:10 a.m.
Klayfish wrote: From someone who does this daily...

You screw innocent people over daily by trying to weasel out of your company's fiduciary obligations?

STM317
STM317 Dork
7/12/17 6:33 a.m.

There are many times when insurance seems like a huge scam, and you'd just be better off self-insuring.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/12/17 7:03 a.m.
STM317 wrote: There are many times when insurance seems like a huge scam, and you'd just be better off self-insuring.

Until your wife has an accident on an incredibly icy ramp where she gets hit by someone, and that someone sues her 3 days before the statute of limitations is up for said case to be filed in an attempted cash grab. Claiming she was driving recklessly(no fault accident, he hit her because he failed to stop) and that he incurred loss of his junk and wasnt able to please his wife for some time afterward. Not our fault he sucks in bed. But the insurance company lawyered her up and is taking care of everything. Otherwise we'd be in a court battle over a bullE36 M3 cash grab suit.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem HalfDork
7/12/17 7:14 a.m.

In reply to Patrick:

Your wife's case illustrates one of the hidden oft overlooked benefits of purchasing insurance...coverage includes providing a lawyer to represent and defend you in the event you are sued.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/12/17 7:35 a.m.
Driven5 wrote:
Klayfish wrote: From someone who does this daily...
You screw innocent people over daily by trying to weasel out of your company's fiduciary obligations?

"Are you saying as a claimant you were negligent to read the policies and procedures clearly laid out in the contract to which you voluntarily signed?"

See how easily that is to turn around?

STM317
STM317 Dork
7/12/17 8:15 a.m.

In reply to Patrick:

For sure. Outrageous medical costs and people being litigious shiny-happy people are the 2 biggest motivators for having insurance.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/12/17 9:09 a.m.

Wow that actually went worse than the insurance clusterberkeley with my Samurai. I should get at least fiddy bucks out of that in the worst case.

1 ... 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YX6F7BWJaXv2BGyYpn1Amlqgfc1p9Kek1CTwXFiKFjaeXu4bhj7SjoW8ZJEb1hno