1 ... 6 7 8
dropstep
dropstep SuperDork
7/12/17 9:26 a.m.
z31maniac wrote:
Driven5 wrote:
Klayfish wrote: From someone who does this daily...
You screw innocent people over daily by trying to weasel out of your company's fiduciary obligations?
"Are you saying as a claimant you were negligent to read the policies and procedures clearly laid out in the contract to which you voluntarily signed?" See how easily that is to turn around?

well i dont think he signed a contract with the other party's insurance?

Driven5
Driven5 Dork
7/12/17 12:25 p.m.
dropstep wrote:
z31maniac wrote:
Driven5 wrote:
Klayfish wrote: From someone who does this daily...
You screw innocent people over daily by trying to weasel out of your company's fiduciary obligations?
"Are you saying as a claimant you were negligent to read the policies and procedures clearly laid out in the contract to which you voluntarily signed?" See how easily that is to turn around?
well i dont think he signed a contract with the other party's insurance?

At least somebody is paying attention...

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
7/12/17 12:45 p.m.

In reply to Klayfish:

Welcome to Orlando. It rains every day. The beer is good tho

Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
7/12/17 1:07 p.m.
wearymicrobe wrote: No Allstate the lady who hit me insurance is saying this. I submitted the claim directly to there loss department, at Allstates request, and they accepted the information and even had an inspector fly out to look at the car. Then they waited another three weeks and dropped the no payment for anything bomb. Even the deductible they owe my insurance company My insurance company knows exactly what I do with my car and I pay through the nose for the privilege I have a guy who only really does DV he is more then capable I have spoken with him about this. I am so freaking pissed.

OK, got it. Not saying I agree or disagree, but I fully understand the position Allstate has taken regarding DV and the car being used for racing. With respect to your deductible, that doesn't make sense...there's something missing here. If Allstate driver is liable, they'd be responsible for the damages, including deductible. So what will happen from here is that your carrier will pursue Allstate for the money, including your deductible (but not DV). If Allstate doesn't agree, it'll go to binding arbitration. That can be a bit of a crapshoot...I'm an arbitration panelist myself, and I've seen some of my fellow arb folks make wacky decisions.

As for the lawyer, again, I don't know him/her. All I can say is I've never, ever seen a practicing trial attorney who makes a living on DV...or even takes cases. Besides having no financial gain for them, there is almost no case law on the books, except for case law citing your right to make a claim. However, I have seen plenty of "attorney" who will charge you $150-$300 to write a 9-12 page report to try to help bolster your DV claim. That "report" is nothing but a template letter with your name and your VIN number plugged in. I've got dozens and dozens of those things, and believe me, they're of very little value. Just be truly sure this attorney knows what they're doing. Ask them for specifics and tactics. I'd be happy to give you an honest opinion and input from the insurance company perspective. Can't tell you exactly how it will play out, as every company does it different. But I can tell you general practices, concepts, etc...as I know them extraordinarily well.

Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
7/12/17 1:08 p.m.
mndsm wrote: In reply to Klayfish: Welcome to Orlando. It rains every day. The beer is good tho

Yup...just left Animal Kingdom because it started pouring. We've been here for a while now, and have been to Disney many times, so we decided to just head in. We bought APs, so we'll be back many times over the next 12 months. Love it.

On a GRM related note, we have a family friend who works at Disney. My 13 year old son has been bugging the E36 M3 out of us to get a golf cart or scooter for him to drive around our community. We never really paid attention to it until this trip, but Disney has a stupid amount of golf carts running around. Our friend is looking into it, but apparently Disney employees can buy the carts when Disney buys new ones and is getting rid of the old. So we're hoping maybe we can snag one of them...we'd love one of the stretch limo ones.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
7/12/17 3:04 p.m.
Klayfish wrote:
mndsm wrote: In reply to Klayfish: Welcome to Orlando. It rains every day. The beer is good tho
Yup...just left Animal Kingdom because it started pouring. We've been here for a while now, and have been to Disney many times, so we decided to just head in. We bought APs, so we'll be back many times over the next 12 months. Love it. On a GRM related note, we have a family friend who works at Disney. My 13 year old son has been bugging the E36 M3 out of us to get a golf cart or scooter for him to drive around our community. We never really paid attention to it until this trip, but Disney has a stupid amount of golf carts running around. Our friend is looking into it, but apparently Disney employees can buy the carts when Disney buys new ones and is getting rid of the old. So we're hoping maybe we can snag one of them...we'd love one of the stretch limo ones.

Cast connection. I'm 10 min from there as I sit in my ac. I haven't seen a 6 top pargo (disney speak for golf cart) go through in a while. I do know a few lost axles and tires and things because apparently the hws staff loves to go fast.

Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
7/12/17 8:13 p.m.

In reply to mndsm: Do any golf carts go through often?

Sorry, not trying to threadjack, wearymicrobe, let me know how it goes or how I can help.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
11/3/17 8:44 p.m.

Just got the tracking info for my wheels. I should be 100% whole here in the next couple of days once I get the new tires mounted up. Like 8 months later.  Also berkeley Allstate. It got done in the end but it sucked. Actually they assembled the wheels wrong somehow based on the photos but that is getting fixed then 100% whole.

I got the car back a while ago and I have put something like 300 miles on it since I got it back. Not sure what I am going to do as a lot of a fun of owning it has been replaced with the terror of thinking something might happen. Really thinking of trading down to a F360 that is stock or getting something like an Atom with the Ecotech or another Shelby Replica. Anything that I could 100% walk away from if I wanted to and not feel terrible if it got hit.

Also apparently the other Snakeskin 2010 with the same stripe package that was in the states was rebuilt into a track car so at least there are 2 of them running around. One is dead and the last one is in Dubai now. He sent me a note. Also I had it appraised and had that sent into the insurance and used that as the value. Gen IV's appraise really really really high now. They made like 5x the amount of Gen V ACR-E that they are getting into the 110K range now.

Apple Cougar Mellonseed
Apple Cougar Mellonseed MegaDork
11/3/17 9:16 p.m.

Excellent. I was just thinking I hadn't seen a post from Weary in a while.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
11/4/17 8:57 a.m.

In reply to Apple Cougar Mellonseed :

Good to have some time to post. Been working something like 50-60 hours a week since April. Life has been busy as well. Seriously good work but man I am tired from it. Allegedly I have to use something like 130 hours of vacation before the end of the year as well and that is so not going to happen.

Bought some more stuff for resale that is non GRM friendly as well. Wheels got here fast I am driving down this morning to get them back from pressure testing and reassembly I figured at least another couple days but they rushed them.

1 ... 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OnuSWpLT3PMW2oBxdzybc9U1Mua9oXkTYXck9XCDdfNlpEZqpKUN64xn6Jl255J2