1 2 3
DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
12/19/11 7:45 a.m.

In reply to GulfOil:

I dont recall which issue it was. It may have been a GT40 similar to yours. You wouldnt mind lending it to me would you?

GulfOil
GulfOil New Reader
12/20/11 10:59 a.m.

Duke of Understeer,

If I have the car out and you happened to be walking by... sure, I'll let you drive it. If you get a chance to check the magazine issue and it is my car, let me know. Thanks.

jstein77
jstein77 Dork
12/20/11 11:59 a.m.
dean1484 wrote: Although a gt40 would be nice the factory five supper (GTM) car really seems to be the bargan suppercar kit in my book. It is not a GT40 but Dam!!!!

Yes, I agree, and for 40K it's about half the price of the GT40.

Um, Dean - Super has 1 p. Supper is a meal.

FlightService
FlightService Dork
12/22/11 8:29 p.m.

Did someone say supper?

Canute
Canute Reader
12/23/11 9:32 p.m.
FlightService wrote: Did someone say supper?

And make sure you don't drive your supper car over the dam.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/23/11 11:47 p.m.

HE he he I got 2 p's.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand New Reader
12/24/11 4:12 a.m.

I hate this thread.

First you tease me with GT40's now I'm hungry...

CamaroKeith
CamaroKeith Reader
12/24/11 11:39 a.m.

A few months ago I went to look at a Lotus Europa project. Turns out the guy that was selling it builds GT40 replicas.......and Grand Sport Corvettes.....and an authorized builder of continuation Cobra Coupes......

.....I thought I died and went to heaven. They also do some prep work for a few people that race them. While I was there, their engine builder came by the shop and brought along with him a handful of failed valve train components that probably cost a week of my salary. They probably had $2 million in WIP there and were completely laid back about it. I was there, looking around, drooling, and had tingling in places normal people wouldn't have tingling sensation. They were just like "Yeah, this is what we do" like it was no big deal to have 2 Cobra Continuation Coupes and 3 GT40's (among other cars) hanging out in the shop. It was weird seeing a completed replica Cobra Coupe being stored in an old chicken coup.

robsac
robsac
8/17/12 2:58 p.m.

Over Forty Separate GT40 Videos

No Ads, No Pop-Ups, No Registering, No Problems

All videos on one page. GT40 Lovers check them out:

http://www.prideofbrea.org/asr_various_menu.html

PHeller
PHeller SuperDork
8/17/12 3:14 p.m.

Dinner car:

Supper car:

Conquest351
Conquest351 Dork
8/17/12 3:20 p.m.

Race Car Replicas makes dropped floor versions of their chassis for their GT40s that will fit a 6'4" driver WITH a helmet if memory serves. Fran is a really cool guy, give them a call...

http://www.race-car-replicas.com/

oldtin
oldtin SuperDork
8/17/12 4:02 p.m.

Pretty cool that you could go to race car replicas and recreate this for something a regular guy could afford.

Conquest351
Conquest351 Dork
8/17/12 4:25 p.m.
oldtin wrote: Pretty cool that you could go to race car replicas and recreate this for something a regular guy could afford.

Actually, through RCR, you can get the GT40 and the Lola. LOL

oldtin
oldtin SuperDork
8/17/12 4:33 p.m.
Conquest351 wrote:
oldtin wrote: Pretty cool that you could go to race car replicas and recreate this for something a regular guy could afford.
Actually, through RCR, you can get the GT40 and the Lola. LOL

...and the ferrari prototype up on the hill

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
8/17/12 9:12 p.m.

On a side note, where can I find a good(FFR/superformance quality) countach kit? Does one even exist?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FJ40qEstCvn6Ksh2ymwBn3uanmjeuTIGia1eLkrN415nTxOeIe1XfhPYXY3xOh2m