Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
3/19/21 8:55 a.m.
feature_image

Yesterday, Round 1 of the Mazda MX-5 Cup at Sebring International Raceway kicked off the full litany of events taking place this weekend at the iconic track, later to be headlined by the 12 Hours of Sebring.

However, if the finish first round of the MX-5 Cup was anything to go by, it’ll be a great race weekend.

For almost the …

Read the rest of the story

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
3/19/21 8:59 a.m.

That's like Gran Turismo close. 

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
3/19/21 1:20 p.m.

Being able to watch this unfurl made the $20 I spent on the TrackPass sub extremely easy to live with.

adam525i (Forum Supporter)
adam525i (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/20/21 10:02 a.m.

The full race is available on youtube on the IMSA channel now, definitely worth watching and way better racing than the first round of the Porsche Carrera Cup which looked like amateur hour.

adam525i (Forum Supporter)
adam525i (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/20/21 10:15 a.m.

I'm curious too if there is an actual photo finish camera setup and what that picture looks like. From bicycle racing those systems are common and necessary, I'd presume you would have a setup like that for cases like these at the professional level to double check that the timing loops actually got it right. They had that margin of victory of 0.001 up pretty quick which kind of makes me doubt they do have one.

In case anyone is wondering what I am talking about or how it works this goes over it reasonably well - https://inrng.com/2012/04/photo-finish-camera/

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GhkljPChEdSpDjH4h581Q8VRoXy6mV8yy6NmVmwOujFfZgouAZnYqiwziH6J8BcK