1 2
unevolved
unevolved SuperDork
1/12/15 7:07 a.m.

I had some talks with an editor or two back when I was running the A&M program about what I had to go through to start the program, emphasize the engineering aspect to the school, etc., but I don't think anything ever came of it.

dcrabill
dcrabill New Reader
1/14/15 12:30 p.m.
Tim Suddard wrote: It will be our 15th anniversary. I would like to get as many of our Challengers back and find some of the cars again. Where is the Cheaparral? Denny, do you still have the CR-X? How about the Trabant, the Datsun 510 with the Buick V8 and the Isetta?

Tim, Yes I still have the CRX.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
1/22/15 8:41 a.m.

Pulling motor no oil pressure Tom punishing me with life's lessons

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
1/25/15 1:18 p.m.

Forgot to tag my $2015 Maxima build...any way to do that now?

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Editorial Assistant
2/9/15 4:14 p.m.

I come bearing some pretty awesome news:

Miller Electric has jumped on board as a pertner for the $2015 Challenge. And they want to give away a killer welder to the overall winner and a welding mask to the challengers' choice award winner.

Here's a link to the welder.

And here's a link to the welding mask.

Rmon
Rmon New Reader
3/4/15 4:59 p.m.

I'm the new manager of the Texas A&M Program. We have a build underway for $2015 and are planning to attend. We are bringing a turbocharged miata, but it will be a different (and hopefully faster) car than the old VG30 Miata.

unevolved
unevolved SuperDork
3/4/15 5:37 p.m.

Whoo! That's awesome. Y'all need to start posting on the Facebook page again.

Rmon
Rmon New Reader
3/4/15 5:50 p.m.

Which facebook page do you speak of? I didn't know anyone used to post stuff on facebook.

We're really excited for the challenge and have a good team this year. My plan is to get the car done soon and just spend next semester testing and fine tuning. Last time we attended, our cars were not exactly reliable :o

unevolved
unevolved SuperDork
3/4/15 8:18 p.m.

This one: https://www.facebook.com/texasamracing

The FSAE kids have taken it over, looks like it hasn't had Grassroots content since 2012. DEFINITELY needs more content than just FSAE stuff, when I created that page back in the day, we intentionally named it "Texas A&M Racing" to encompass the GRM program as well, not just Formula SAE.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Zfx7VkFfIn4XXpzaPFPbFnZRK7ubOW6N3YS8xemxq1Vcv71cs3uUwKP5mZG2yC0O