I hate being jobless and broke!

stan_d
stan_d Dork
4/14/13 11:01 a.m.

Thanks for link I will be there on may 18

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UberDork
4/14/13 2:31 p.m.

Dammit! I just realized that May 18th is a berkeleying Saturday. I work on Saturdays.

I hope that there will be some events on Sundays because I don't want to have to use vacation days. I already have too much crap this year that I have to use vacation days for.

The_Jed
The_Jed Dork
4/14/13 2:42 p.m.

Your voice sounded a bit raspy in that post...are you sure you're not coming down with something?

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
4/14/13 2:59 p.m.

Maybe in a month I'll come down with something.

TLNXTYM
TLNXTYM New Reader
4/14/13 3:46 p.m.

In reply to petegossett:

No problem Pete, like I said, its been . . . awhile. Hopefully I'll actually make an autocross this year. I just got new tires on the Civic so maybe this'll be the year. Yeah, ok, not holding my breath.

In reply to mtn: Yes, I've checked out cicenet.net a few times, but I almost forgot about it, so I'll head back there, thanks!

TLNXTYM

Guerilla
Guerilla New Reader
4/18/13 4:09 p.m.

I will be watching this thread heavily, sadly I'm in the suburbs of Chicago so anything I can find is a god send.

mtn
mtn PowerDork
4/18/13 4:13 p.m.
Guerilla wrote: I will be watching this thread heavily, sadly I'm in the suburbs of Chicago so anything I can find is a god send.

You've got quite a bit of autocross not too far from you in Hoffman Estates and Schaumburg. No rallycross though.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
4/18/13 9:26 p.m.

I'm going to keep an eye on cicenet.net myself, I maybe locating closer to central Illinois.

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT HalfDork
4/18/13 9:43 p.m.

Just visiting, from Phoenix. Chicago earlier and now Springfield. It is no fun working outside in this weather!

mtn
mtn PowerDork
4/18/13 9:56 p.m.
DWNSHFT wrote: Just visiting, from Phoenix. Chicago earlier and now Springfield. It is no fun working outside in this weather!

I can think of no redeeming qualities of Springfield. I am sincerely sorry.

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT HalfDork
4/19/13 6:07 a.m.

Springfield has the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and it is excellent!

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/19/13 7:53 a.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: I'm going to keep an eye on cicenet.net myself, I maybe locating closer to central Illinois.

You really should head down to an event sometime!

mtn
mtn PowerDork
4/19/13 8:26 a.m.
petegossett wrote:
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: I'm going to keep an eye on cicenet.net myself, I maybe locating closer to central Illinois.
You really should head down to an event sometime!

Head down tomorrow!

I'm still not sure if I'm going--lousy tires (3-4 year old RE-11's with minimum 20,000 miles and about 50 runs on them) and a worn out clutch... Lousy excuse too, I suppose.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps HalfDork
4/19/13 8:29 a.m.

In reply to DWNSHFT:

If you are still in Springfield hit up Darcy's for a horseshoe

The_Jed
The_Jed Dork
5/3/13 1:26 p.m.

Just bumping this thread, I have nothing constructive to add...

EricM
EricM SuperDork
5/3/13 9:02 p.m.

Saturday may 4th at parkland college in Champaign. Car show and auto cross. Just FYI.

The_Jed
The_Jed Dork
5/4/13 9:24 a.m.

In reply to EricM:

Not in the cards this time around. I appreciate the heads-up, though!

The_Jed
The_Jed Dork
5/4/13 9:02 p.m.

Somehow I glossed right over this. What area specifically, if you don't mind spilling the beans?

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
5/4/13 10:49 p.m.
The_Jed wrote:
Somehow I glossed right over this. What area specifically, if you don't mind spilling the beans?

We're looking at a house south of Kankakee in Chebanse. It may not exactly be central Illinois, but it's much closer than where I'm at now.

The_Jed
The_Jed Dork
5/5/13 8:04 a.m.

I've been looking for a job in south east Missouri...

petegossett
5/5/13 8:25 a.m.

In reply to SyntheticBlinkerFluid:

You could be at the Rantoul site in 40-minutes or less.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
5/5/13 3:45 p.m.
petegossett wrote: In reply to SyntheticBlinkerFluid: You could be at the Rantoul site in 40-minutes or less.

Yes, that will be nice. I'm hoping this house works out.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
6/30/13 7:39 p.m.

Hey Pete, was there an autocross event at Chanute AFB a few weeks ago? My dad wanted to know. They had a car show going on at Chanute Air Museum at the same time.

The museum wanted this car show to help promote them, but there wasn't very good attendance. One of the guys from our Corvair club set the whole thing up, so he wanted to see if their would be other car clubs in the area that would like to be involved.

He also said if he had known about the autocross, he would have entered his Corvair.

petegossett
6/30/13 8:36 p.m.

We had an event last weekend, the 22nd/23rd - but Saturday was a complete washout(we had 5" of standing water on course just after the worst part of the storm passed, and my spare tire - which was parked underneath my trailer - was completely filled ).

I didn't see any car show, but that was an unusual event for us, as the course was setup to enter from the north end of the lot. We normally use the south end of the lot, and have visibility of the back side of the museum from there.

There are other groups who hold other/drift, etc. events there, so maybe it was another group if it was a different weekend? We do have a Corvair guy from the Springfield area who shows up once or twice per year. He had a road-race Vair that's pretty sweet, and a Yenko(?) one that's setup for autocross.

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1xNleTzhDvVAnxsQf3tBikGjdFz4L10wCRV1jlXXH9QPUZlDtDGRNDhkXnGRrkuz