1 2 3 4
SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose HalfDork
1/12/14 10:26 a.m.

Bastomatic: SPACE PIG!

Related question... the 25 year rule, is that specific to importing directly from the country of origin, or 'as long as it's that old you can now bring it here?'

They've got Delicas and Hilux Surfs just across the border from me in BC is what I'm getting at.
(don't actually want to own a delica, but RHD diesel Yota madness appeals to me greatly)

HappyAndy
HappyAndy SuperDork
1/12/14 10:27 a.m.

1) Alfa 75 evoluzione

2) Lancia Delta Integrale, and I too love the fact that it would be very low profile, most people would think that its a mk 2 golf with a body kit.

3) Something JDM & turbo, preferably with AWD. So many to chose from its hard to pick!

4) Nissan Patrol. Gas or Diesel, both engines are super durable, and have parts available in the US, through Nissan Forklift dealers.

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
1/12/14 10:28 a.m.
ddavidv wrote: Friend of mine just imported a Delta Integrale after driving it around Europe. Here it is on the rooftop of the Lingotto Fiat factory (as used in the original Italian Job movie): For myself? The perfect car for every occasion, an E30 Touring:

Rooftop, appears to be a banked test track? I wouldn't want to high side that and go over the wall.....

16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
1/12/14 10:42 a.m.

I know there are a few here already, but...

bastomatic
bastomatic SuperDork
1/12/14 10:56 a.m.

Ah, yes. I too will take a Golf Country.

Also legal this year is the BMW Z1.

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy Dork
1/12/14 11:11 a.m.

I'll take one of these....

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
1/12/14 11:25 a.m.

Remember that these cars are 25 years old, so being able to find one that's not all rusty and worn out may be a problem. It's not like they've all been locked up in hermetic storage in their country of origin.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
1/12/14 12:15 p.m.

a Nice Defender 110 would be nice...

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/12/14 12:21 p.m.

I think alot of stuff is going to go for stupid money, Skylines at the top of that list. Make sure your choice is something you can service!

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
1/12/14 12:36 p.m.

Exactly my point of not asking for 70's Celicas. We had a thread on them a while back and apparently parts are unobtainium. That's why I limited it to the 80s. Although, as much as I hate to admit it, the 80's are old, too.

TxCoyote
TxCoyote Reader
1/12/14 12:49 p.m.

I'd go with this!

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
1/12/14 12:56 p.m.
TxCoyote wrote: I'd go with this!

Nice Choice!

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
1/12/14 1:15 p.m.

G'day mate! I'd shop in The Land Down Under for a Holden VC or Falcon XC or XD. Basically a 1980-ish muscle car, w/o the US post-72 neutering. Being a small block Ford or Chevy powerplant, performance parts would be available if not downright affordable.

Commodore

Holden Monaro GT

Falcon XD

Falcon XC

Flyin Mikey J
Flyin Mikey J Reader
1/12/14 1:19 p.m.

Or... perhaps the British equivalent of the Commodore, the Lotus Carlton? Same car, with Lotus badging and resulting price mark-up as well as British engine related costs and issues.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/12/14 1:27 p.m.
Flyin Mikey J wrote: Or... perhaps the British equivalent of the Commodore, the Lotus Carlton? Same car, with Lotus badging and resulting price mark-up as well as British engine related costs and issues.

Errr, I wouldn't call that "the same car with Lotus badging". A Cadillac Catera isn't "the same car" either. Lotus did a lot of reengineering on that car, plus the engine and a lot of the other performance related parts are unique to the car.

They're great and very special cars, though.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/12/14 1:29 p.m.
SnowMongoose wrote: Bastomatic: SPACE PIG! Related question... the 25 year rule, is that specific to importing directly from the country of origin, or 'as long as it's that old you can now bring it here?'

IIRC it is "as long as it is that old and you have the paperwork to prove it".

The > 25 yo bikes I brought with me all originated in countries other than the UK, but they were registered in the UK with the correct paperwork and showing the correct dates on said paperwork.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UltraDork
1/12/14 1:46 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
1/12/14 2:02 p.m.

I wondered how long it'd take before a Tabbie would show up.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/12/14 2:10 p.m.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav Dork
1/12/14 3:32 p.m.

Honda City Turbo. And a MotoCompo to stuff in the hatch area

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/12/14 3:37 p.m.

In reply to SlickDizzy:

I'll take mine in white.

I always wanted a set of those wheels for my 405.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/13/14 8:39 a.m.

Too many cool choices, but one of these would be nice.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/13/14 9:56 a.m.

Lada!

I had one in Hungary, I wish I had it still

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
1/13/14 10:01 a.m.
beans wrote: I've heard R32 wiring is garbage.

There were 7 engine options. I can imagine they are all very different.

dculberson
dculberson UltraDork
1/13/14 10:20 a.m.
Rusted_Busted_Spit wrote: Too many cool choices, but one of these would be nice.

Holy hell that is hot. I think that as a kid I had a video game with that car in it. It was on my Amiga (computer) and all the cars were European craziness that I'd never seen.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dmdlmYse8ajpwNuMnIXkLx0oPET2x5BIZATe3XBPG0lf8m12kjJwMXtftu54Il21