Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Editorial Assistant
5/26/15 10:41 a.m.
feature_image

There's been tons of chatter around Mazda's new generation of Miata. But how does it improve on the third generation cars?

We're already in the driver's seat of the new Mazda Miata, but we'll have to hold off on impressions until June 1. However, we can share with you the in-depth information that Mazda has provided for us.

First things …

Read the rest of the story

rcutclif
rcutclif GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/26/15 10:52 a.m.

drool. Am I the only one that wants the sport with LSD? Love that silver too.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
5/26/15 10:55 a.m.

No power hardtop? Kinda surprising. I see a ton of them here in PA/NJ. Probably 50-50 with rag tops. Personally, if I were buying a MX-5, that's probably what I'd get for a DD. Seems worth the weight penalty to me here in the snow-belt.

carczar_84
carczar_84 New Reader
5/26/15 11:49 a.m.

Can you say anything about interior room for taller drivers? Or do we need to wait till the 1st for that too? At 6'4" "the answer" has never really been my answer, so I am very curious.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/26/15 11:50 a.m.

Hip point is down by about 20mm and head room has increased by 9mm or so. The seat sliders are on an angle so shorter drivers sit higher.

Rupert
Rupert Dork
5/26/15 11:58 a.m.
rcutclif wrote: drool. Am I the only one that wants the sport with LSD? Love that silver too.

Yes, the Sport with LSD is wonderful concept. WHY CAN'T WE GET THE GOOD SUSPENSION BITS ON THE SPORT?? Those of us who actually drive don't need an "infotainment system." Whatever that means, it's nothing like the entertainment of looking out the windshield for the apex of the next curve!

NOHOME
NOHOME UltraDork
5/26/15 12:07 p.m.
Rupert wrote:
rcutclif wrote: drool. Am I the only one that wants the sport with LSD? Love that silver too.
Yes, the Sport with LSD is wonderful concept. WHY CAN'T WE GET THE GOOD SUSPENSION BITS ON THE SPORT?? Those of us who actually drive don't need an "infotainment system." Whatever that means, it's nothing like the entertainment of looking out the windshield for the apex of the next curve!

I think we covered this subject in another thread: The car is not marketed to "US". It is meant to be bulk sold to those who love such frippery and the side effect is that we can then use the car for whatever nefarious activities WE want. The sheeple don't know it, but they are subsidizing the car for us.

carczar_84
carczar_84 Reader
5/26/15 12:34 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: Hip point is down by about 20mm and head room has increased by 9mm or so. The seat sliders are on an angle so shorter drivers sit higher.

Thanks Kieth, I am pretty hopeful that I might be able to fit in the new miata. The wife is excited about this car (1st time I've ever seen her excited about a new car), and would love to be able to use it too!!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XPmSdm1LeqnYMQqui3UuLtkR1S3sYh2hxPTGP3IXsT0kqEIKNyb9qegGJOYlnAYs