alejandromaron
alejandromaron
7/11/20 12:02 a.m.

Hello everyone! I am in the need to ship a car from a well-known French automaker with a name that starts with a "B" and ends in "ugatti" from London to Dubai. I used a company's services that used to ship my cars (only within Europe) but it ran out of business a few years ago. I would not want to give the car to anyone and just tell them to ship it, for it holds a very high value.

I was thinking on calling Emirates Sky Cargo directly to see if they could handle the situation. Does anyone recommend anything else?

Thank you very much in advance.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
7/11/20 12:50 a.m.

We shipped a couple pre-war Mercedes from London to Canada a few years ago with a specialty carrier. If you can wait until Monday, I'll look at our records and find out who they were.

We used GPS Global to move three cars from the Netherlands to Canada but there were some issues with scheduling and paperwork on their end which cost us some extra money in storage fees. Your experience may be different.

alejandromaron
alejandromaron New Reader
7/11/20 10:29 p.m.

In reply to ShawnG :

Sure, that would be excellent. I am willing to invest a little extra for the sake of the vehicle's safety and integrity.

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
7/11/20 10:40 p.m.

I worked many years in the Air Cargo industrie I do not know Europe in the Middle East very well but I imagine if you called Emirates they would handle it satisfactorily. Here in the US I would call kalitta airlines.  Connie Kalitta started the company many years ago while also being a top notch racer.

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
7/11/20 10:48 p.m.

I can't guarantee anyting but I used to work with a guy that loaded and unloaded the Formula 1 cars when Detroit had a Formula 1 grand prix. He might know of someone that can give you some advice if you come up with nothing else get in touch and I'll see what I can pull off with him I haven't talked to him in over 15 years this is a great reason to get back in contact 

dxman92
dxman92 HalfDork
7/12/20 7:25 a.m.

Maybe see who high end luxury auto dealers use? I'm sure they've been involved in shipping a car or two overseas..

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
7/12/20 9:38 a.m.

In the us. I would call atlas air cargo. Beyond that I would call emeirates for a Dubai trip. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wUwQdxcYV2H7F83R9NilcXBo89rm3ogqT3pjD30B5IXEbdImPCvSPJwAp9JQsk0B