1 ... 3 4 5
MyMiatas
MyMiatas New Reader
6/1/22 11:55 p.m.

You have a yes vote from me! I receive both of your magazines in the mail. I enjoy reading your articles and your forums.  :0) 

PT_SHO
PT_SHO New Reader
6/2/22 2:28 a.m.

In reply to Nicole Suddard :

Nicole,

Thank you.  I tried to do that and when I went through the clicks to make myself weekly,  the link that the bot sent resulted in "something went wrong" error message.  In any case I want NO MORE than one thing weekly of anything from GRM.

greenwoodjw
greenwoodjw GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/2/22 12:08 p.m.

In reply to Tim Suddard :

GRM and CM are the only magazines I read cover to cover, including every advertisement.  I'll pay whatever it costs plus enough to keep them around another generation or two, no complaints.   I also gladly signed up for GRM+, and if you come up with any other way to provide support I am on board.   Perhaps you could sell 10mm sockets in the store?

p928sfan
p928sfan None
6/2/22 2:12 p.m.

Much like many above, I'd be fine paying more. I've also pared down my subscriptions and GRM will continue to be one of the few I'm keeping. 

Kitsbeach (Forum Supporter)
Kitsbeach (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/2/22 2:18 p.m.

I'll definitely pay more to keep this one-of-a-kind product/experience going. 

A lot of other magazines have got so skinny and contain so little actual content, it is no surprise they are going away. 

The magazine combined with the forum the events and the community are unbeatable..!

Kitsbeach (Forum Supporter)
Kitsbeach (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/2/22 2:20 p.m.
Perhaps you could sell 10mm sockets in the store?

Here here on the 10mm sockets idea..!!

Nicole Suddard
Nicole Suddard GRM+ Memberand Marketing Coordinator
6/2/22 2:32 p.m.

In reply to Kitsbeach (Forum Supporter) :

Funny thing about that...

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/2/22 3:59 p.m.

I'm only a couple years in on my 10 year subscription but would gladly pay $20 a year or more next time I have to renew.  I only subscribe to two magazines now, GRM and Sick the Mag.  I love having that paper copy in my bag whenever I'm traveling for work, it's a nice disconnect from the digital world.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
6/2/22 4:44 p.m.

I'm in even if there is a price increase.  GRM is the last magazine I subscribe to.  I also prefer paper, too.  I really should also do GRM+ considering the amount of use I get out of the forums.  

GTI_2032
GTI_2032 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/2/22 10:33 p.m.

Yes, I'd pay provided you stick with the same types of content that you always have.  GRM is the last automotive magazine that I subscribe to.  

DaleCarter
DaleCarter GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/3/22 8:32 a.m.
Kitsbeach (Forum Supporter) said:
Perhaps you could sell 10mm sockets in the store?

Here here on the 10mm sockets idea..!!

One of the vendors I have used for BMW parts sends a 10mm socket with each order. Pretty brilliant!

Matt B (fs)
Matt B (fs) UltraDork
6/3/22 10:02 a.m.

No problem here with a price increase.  Keep doing what you're doing.

calteg
calteg SuperDork
6/3/22 12:41 p.m.

Take my money. This is the only car magazine worth a damn and the community is legitimately amazing. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/3/22 4:58 p.m.
GTI_2032 said:

GRM is the last magazine that I subscribe to.  

FTFY.  Or, for me, anyway.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
6/4/22 9:00 p.m.
Patrick said:

Yes, but also i chose to let CMS lapse not due to content but because personal budget says one or the other 

I let my GRM lapse but kept CMS, which goes on for a couple of more years.  My interest in racing has waned in the recent years and I just wasn't getting much out of it.  

Procyon
Procyon New Reader
6/5/22 1:05 a.m.

I was a subscriber back in the Auto-X magazine days, eventually dropped the subscription due to very tight financial constraints and resubscribed when I could afford it again.  I've been a constant subscriber since sometime well before the $1500 Challenge.  I'm now on my second 10 year subscription.  It's pretty impressive that the price didn't increase for the 10 year option in over 10 years.  So with that background, I have no problem with an increase in subscription price, the price of everything else has gone up, why not this too?

If subscriptions were to go to electronic only, I would probably stop reading the magazine.  I've had two other magazines that did that, and that's what happened in both cases.  With that said, an option to receive both print and digital issues at a small additional cost would be welcome.  I don't normally throw out magazines after I've read them and after a few years, they start to take up space.  If I had an offline electronic archive available, then I could dispose of/recycle my older back issues without feeling bad about throwing out potentially useful information.  Making it searchable would be an even bigger win.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/5/22 1:42 a.m.

I greatly dislike electronic only magazines and won't subscribe to them, if it wasn't for the print version I wouldn't subscribe here at all. The forum can't be all the subscribers you have and I bet I'm not the only one that thinks that.

I'm up for a slight increase but again as devils advocate, between subscription to the magazine and forum support this is by far the most expensive magazine subscription I have.

To add too: I don't think you guys are doing this wrong at all. Usually service based companies that try to cut costs by providing less services is the first step in circling the drain so upping the cost modestly is a much better choice.

I personally am ok with $10 more a year, I already support the forum, have paid for ads, bought lots of merch and subscribe to the magazine but we crazy few here aren't the same as everyone either, I just want to mention that as a counterpoint.

Mark Underwood
Mark Underwood New Reader
6/5/22 1:33 p.m.

Yes please continue publishing a print edition, I'll pay a bit more for subscription. I don't care for digital. Mainly ignore it

jmhonnold
jmhonnold New Reader
6/5/22 1:53 p.m.

Yes please.  I also do not have a problem with an increase of $10/yr.  Grassroot Motorsports is one of the best publications out there, and it may be the best.  Keep up the good work.

johnmtaylor
johnmtaylor
6/5/22 7:18 p.m.

Yes on increase.  Definitely worth it

Westview
Westview New Reader
6/5/22 8:56 p.m.

I have no problem with a price increase. I've just renewed my subscription for 10 years and I have no problem with renegotiating that subscription.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/6/22 9:51 a.m.

One thing that I love about the way that GRM/CM does How-To articles is that, if I'm reading an article about, say, brake upgrades, the ads surrounding the article tend to be from suppliers of brake parts. I haven't noticed that with other magazines.

I find that I spend even more time looking closely at those ads than I would if they were scattered through the rest of the magazine. I'm also more likely to make a purchase based on that kind of ad placement immediately after reading the article.

GRM/CM does a really good job with that sort of thing.

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eIR2cuvTSsRrTwzHwowdafJayCLOVPaeGepYcxSE711Jdt0WaK21v3pCfMx44kNg