1 2
te72
te72 Reader
5/8/22 9:51 p.m.

Haha, I know Bruce... sounds like I've got my work cut out to edge him out. Friendly rival, of sorts, he's a good dude. Always a pleasure to outdo him, but I suspect we're on a shorter course than you guys are down there.

That said my Exocet is far from sorted. Still on stock suspension and bushings from an 02 donor, and pretty sure the rear shocks are blown. Still stupidly quick though.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/8/22 11:01 p.m.

The course yesterday was in the 50-52 second range. Slow. First time we've used that venue in several years, gotta learn how to lay it out. 

If you want to beat Bruce, you're going to need functioning suspension. :) Don't judge Exocet handling until you've got a chassis under you. They work pretty well. Like a Miata that's lost 900 lbs.  

te72
te72 Reader
5/9/22 10:05 a.m.

Most of our courses seem to end up in the 30-40 second range since the lots are fairly small around here. I intend to refresh the chassis fully once the budget is there, no worries there apart from the time it takes to save up. =)

David Elfering
David Elfering GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/19/22 7:17 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens : I'm 100% on board with seeing how much autocross fun you can coax out of it. How much battery would three .6 mile autocross runs take? I don't trailer cars to events, so getting there and home is another factor

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
ydgnYltHLRM5AoWiSwuNKshoyyWztB7uRiaCqB1oePtPVIBXoyCdKJLvCsMAO17r