Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
3/1/23 2:04 p.m.
feature_image

In 2022, we opened up the Grassroots Motorsports $2000 Challenge Presented by Tire Rack to find out if more money really does equal more speed. With the prospective field widened, it also generated another question: Can an all-electric powertrain run faster than the internal combustion engine?

Michael Simmons attempted to find that out at our last $2000 Challenge, with his Tesla Model …

Read the rest of the story

Mike_Simmons
Mike_Simmons
3/1/23 7:21 p.m.

Hey, great pic!

The tesla had the fastest dynamic time for the autocross and drag combined. Doesn't that make it the fastest car in this competition? 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/1/23 7:26 p.m.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/1/23 10:55 p.m.
Mike_Simmons said:

Hey, great pic!

The tesla had the fastest dynamic time for the autocross and drag combined. Doesn't that make it the fastest car in this competition? 

It would be hard to argue otherwise!

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
3/2/23 8:11 a.m.

That's an odd article.  It appears to be an advertisement for the $2000 Challenge with mention of some kind of Tesla something or other. 

It asks whether electricity is superior to ingenuity, and whether an all-electric powertrain can run faster than the internal combustion engine, then fails to answer either question (while strongly implying that the answer is "No" to both).

But the car had the fastest dynamic time. 

The 16th place finish is because the rules don't allow it to participate in the Concours portion of the event. 

So what car was faster?

That's a strange way to present both the event and the car. 

Mike_Simmons
Mike_Simmons New Reader
3/2/23 9:31 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Love that!

kb58
kb58 UltraDork
3/3/23 8:33 p.m.

In reply to SV reX :

Rant pointed at no one in particular:

I've concluded that 90%+ of online content is to get people to click on links to increase web hits and ad revenue. The click-baity word-smith'd title has sadly become the most important thing, with whatever content it leads to being sort of besides the point. Posts posed as questions is another click-bait thing creators find works. It's also convenient because you can imply things about someone without getting in legal trouble, such as "Is Midlana's builder a grumpy old bastard?" Regarding such articles, it makes me want to ask, "Are you asking because you don't know?"

Side note: From time to time I used to do a Google search on "Midlana", to see where it was popping up. Turns out that there is a (likely automated) site that grabs keywords off the Interwebz, knowing that Google will grab onto them. When the reader clicks on the link, they're routed to a page that - no kidding - has pages of random sentence fragments that are complete nonsense, and many ads. The sad state of things.

And the answer to the question above: yes he is! Because of my views, I will never become a successful content creator... and get off my lawn!

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
3/5/23 8:24 p.m.

In reply to kb58 :

Couldn't care less about click-baity BS. 

My post was about the respect I have for the writing Staff of GRM. I thought that article fell short. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
G7e7m0w5ghjgWElvwNbZn1dFLXYUQTJkh4p3f4nJXS2KAXW79Mhb94vmUX7R688U