Definitely gone now
Definitely gone now SuperDork
6/8/22 12:21 a.m.

Is there another place like GRM forum where experienced folks talk about low buck racing and autocross? Don't get me wrong, this forum has its place, and it's taught me a lot. Just wondering if this is the only oasis in the desert?

SkinnyG (Forum Supporter)
SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
6/8/22 12:23 a.m.

Yes.

Definitely gone now
6/8/22 12:31 a.m.

In reply to SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) :

Lol. Ok. 

dps214
dps214 Dork
6/8/22 12:33 a.m.

I think GRM is kind of the jack of all trades. If you want to go way in depth on a specific activity there's probably a better place for it, but if you want a moderate level of knowledge on every form of motorsport, this is your place.

Definitely gone now
6/8/22 12:37 a.m.

In reply to dps214 :

What about in depth ax?

Once every 3-4 years a decent auto-x thread pops up on Reddit, without fail at least 2 links to here pop up. There are some model specific spots as well. 

Cheeks
Cheeks New Reader
6/8/22 8:37 a.m.

I've found one or two decent groups on fb, but to be honest, the knowledge base is generally centered around 1-3 people and everyone else just tags them in every question. 

Short answer, yes.   Long answer, mostly likely. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
6/8/22 9:32 a.m.

How about corner carvers?  Been a while since I was over there, so I don't know what it is like now.

Edit - for rules discussions (not so sure about tech), I seem to recall the scca forums were decent.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/8/22 9:38 a.m.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/8/22 10:43 a.m.

I've yet to find anywhere where the discussion remains anywhere near as civil. Even when people lose their cool they tend to step back and realize they were a D and come back with a clear head. I hastily posted something snarky yesterday and a few minutes later realized i wasn't going to change someone's mind with the truth wrapped with a big fat sarcasm bow so i deleted it before it started a E36 M3storm. Searching for info on other forums is painful because every post devolves into making fun of someone or name calling.  With as E36 M3ty as the world is as a whole right now, most of us here can at least either stay on the topic that brought us together in the first place or agree to disagree to an extent I definitely don't witness in day to day life

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/8/22 10:45 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

I love you too man.

2GRX7
2GRX7 Reader
6/8/22 11:02 a.m.

In reply to Definitely gone now :

PM'ed you with ideas, as I'm not sure outwardly posting is appreciated ;-)

Definitely gone now
6/8/22 11:06 a.m.

In reply to 2GRX7 :

I can appreciate that. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/8/22 11:09 a.m.

I was going to mention corner-carvers but it looks like it might've been wiped recently? Like their topic lists are near-empty and searches don't turn up anything beyond that.

Definitely gone now
6/8/22 12:17 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

Yeah that happened awhile back. I really enjoyed that place. A shame really. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
70wqhybc9vLYBTVErhVaYc96L78qeN4yUC2p922JULTzrk9IliWJkBsFf8wnZT1W