1 2 3 4 5
fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 UltraDork
6/16/12 12:18 a.m.

What's wrong with the Miata wheels? I remember when they came out thinking they were kinda Minilight knock offs. Meh, I like um.

mattmacklind
mattmacklind UltimaDork
6/16/12 1:25 a.m.
mad_machine wrote: Saab was the only company to make the three spoke rim work

Agreed, but I think these are three spoke too, technically, and I love them. I think they work design wise, although very 80's:

codrus
codrus GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/16/12 2:15 a.m.

My vote for worst OEM wheels is the ones on the SC430:

6-spoke wheels work very nicely, IMHO. Audi "AVUS", for example.

novaderrik
novaderrik SuperDork
6/16/12 6:28 a.m.
nicksta43 wrote: In reply to RexSeven: I am a huge Pontiac fan, however I have to agree. After the Rally II wheel whichever highly paid stylist was in charge of wheels missed the boat.

[cough]GTA[/cough]

they are strong and light for an OEM wheel, and with the centers painted black they look good on anything with the GM 5X4.75 bolt pattern..

Buick thought they were good enough for the GNX- with different backspacing, of course..

my Nova:

my Monte:

my T Type:

and, yes, those are all the same set of wheels.. they even make my POS 86 Camaro and an 86 Caprice i used to have look good..

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/16/12 6:57 a.m.

My Wife and Daughter wanted a set of the Bear wheels pained pink for the Mustang. I think they were targeted at a specific market segment.

nicksta43
nicksta43 HalfDork
6/16/12 7:08 a.m.

In reply to novaderrik:

D'oh!!!

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
6/16/12 7:11 a.m.

There's just too many ugly wheels available now for me to have a 'least favorite'. My vote for worst brand name that will probably sell a gazillion: Greed Wheels. This one is called the 'Krisp'.

Greed's tagline: 'Enough is never enough.'

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
6/16/12 7:15 a.m.
codrus wrote: My vote for worst OEM wheels is the ones on the SC430: 6-spoke wheels work very nicely, IMHO. Audi "AVUS", for example.

Along with the wheels, to my eyes that is probably the worst proportioned car ever built. NOTHING works together. It looks like it got left in the oven too long and started to 'flow' a little bit.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UltraDork
6/16/12 8:08 a.m.

my miata

Luke
Luke UberDork
6/16/12 8:29 a.m.
novaderrik wrote: my Nova:

^^This rules. Cool car

I don't mind weirdo '80s wheels. It's tacky chrome that I can't stomach.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy SuperDork
6/16/12 10:19 a.m.
B430 wrote: I think pretty much every wheel marketed for trucks falls into this category. Why must the spokes always be totally flat? Then shaped in the ugliest way possible. And to top it all off paint random parts of the wheel black then chrome the rest. Seeing a truck with aftermarket wheels that look better than stock is a rare occurrence for me.

Rota ramz y0.

They make bitchin' truck ones, especially the TE37 truck knockoffs are killer (and cheap). I'm getting a set for my 1/2 ton chebby soon!

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
6/16/12 10:31 a.m.

In reply to belteshazzar:

ATS Cups yessssssss PLZ!

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
6/16/12 10:35 a.m.

In reply to HiTempguy:

They dont have their truck wheels in 5x114. Any reason i couldnt just run passenger wheels on my xj? I want te37 ish wheels on my xj badly.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro SuperDork
6/16/12 11:01 a.m.

These:

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer PowerDork
6/16/12 11:29 a.m.

Fellas, fellas, you have forgotten about the Z24 wheel. My god, the horror!

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/16/12 11:43 a.m.

Yeah, the 88-90 Z24 wheels are pretty bad. The 86-87 had a nice, simple 5 spoke wheel I really liked.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/16/12 11:46 a.m.

Daytons.

No. Just no.

belteshazzar
belteshazzar UltraDork
6/16/12 11:48 a.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote: Yeah, the 88-90 Z24 wheels are pretty bad. The 86-87 had a nice, simple 5 spoke wheel I really liked.

i liked these. put some on my fiero.

jstein77
jstein77 Dork
6/16/12 12:20 p.m.

jere
jere HalfDork
6/16/12 1:19 p.m.

All of the TSW wheels I have ever seen

novaderrik
novaderrik SuperDork
6/16/12 2:02 p.m.
Luke wrote:
novaderrik wrote: my Nova:
^^This rules. Cool car I don't mind weirdo '80s wheels. It's tacky chrome that I can't stomach.

thanks.. i do miss that car- i sunk a lot of time, money, and blood into it and it did everything well. everyone that heard it liked the sound and everyone that rode in or drove it thought it was the mostest awesomest thing ever- even my mild mannered 55 year old mom. i traded it away for my 74 Monte the day before Thanksgiving '04..

but i kept the wheels and still have them- i have 2 sets, actually. all 4 "fronts" are currently on the T Type and all 4 "rears" were on my Camaro until i decided to buy 15" tires to put on Monte SS wheels (another good looking wheel on the right car.. but fugly on something like a later S10) for my Texas road trip...

ditchdigger
ditchdigger SuperDork
6/16/12 2:07 p.m.
jere wrote: All of the TSW wheels I have ever seen

Cant agree with that myself.

The omega was particularly hot, I would rock the Croft in the ad you posted on my GTI and the OG Hockenheim was a great looking wheel in its day.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/16/12 4:49 p.m.

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
6/16/12 7:32 p.m.

Several members here are not fans of these wheels.

I can live with them......................

HappyAndy
HappyAndy Dork
6/16/12 9:05 p.m.
Woody wrote:

When I was a teenager in the late nineties I thought that these were the E36 M3! I'm older and wiser now, with better taste, but I still think that a set of these on the right car would be a good call. (Like a mildly hot-rodded civic hatch, or ae86 for example)

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lLOJx6gj3xnDyZyvz74FKHuhTqN72WSbQ9uh2lccpPSVBs4R4QdQkeuFMPmXD7nq