1 2
RyanGreener (Forum Supporter)
RyanGreener (Forum Supporter) Reader
5/30/23 12:38 p.m.

I don't understand why people hate the looks, but maybe I'm blind. All I know is other than the fact that its heavy, it has stupid amounts of power. These things dyno 450+ WHP stock!

pinchvalve (Forum Supporter)
pinchvalve (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/26/23 9:06 a.m.

How does one explain the look of the M2? Well, they took the last-generation car into the studio and added a ton of modeling clay to to. They started to sculpt it into a sexy new shape, but when when the designers went to lunch on the first day, someone approved the car and it accidentally went into production. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/26/23 9:26 a.m.
Duke said:

I think it kind of looks like the LEGO version of itself.

This was my first thought on the car as well. But holy moly that box-flared chonky legobimmer is quick! surprise

kanaric
kanaric SuperDork
6/26/23 5:48 p.m.

I like how this M2 looks, reminds me of a more old school aggressive style that you would not get from BMW lol.

The thing is I like the "specs" of the previous M2 a lot more and the Supra still more than that. 

This new car has almost like a Holden/Pontiac look to it. 

ztnedman1
ztnedman1 Reader
6/26/23 6:42 p.m.

It's blocky in the old DTM way of the 90s/early 2000s IMO.  I like how the look.  

livinon2wheels
livinon2wheels GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/28/23 1:57 p.m.

the biggest issue I have is the high cost of ownership. But wait, there's more.  I don't give a flip how fast they are or how much power they have or how they handle...What is more maintenance intensive than a turbo motor? A car with two turbos...that and the fact its German with all their fiddly annoying menus inside the car...geezus guys, at that price point it should Go like Hell and be stone cold reliable and not have a bunch of fiddly crap to deal with in the interior...and now they are fugly on top of it...forgetaboutit. Never ever gonna go there. I'll scare myself to death in my actually affordable, reliable, decent looking, relatively low ownership cost BRZ and when I have beat it to death, go buy another one and still be money ahead compared to the bimmer. 

cyow5
cyow5 Reader
12/13/23 2:30 p.m.
ztnedman1 said:

It's blocky in the old DTM way of the 90s/early 2000s IMO.  I like how the look.  

Yeah, if you showed a non-car-person an E30 M3 and then said this is the successor 30 years later, they'd probably not have a hard time following the logic. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
r5nXdLN3uLme9NGk7kf7z1UeMwesOoVDm9eyGWbBRCIInJZfJ4T89ceXd8EbaeEb