Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/22/11 3:24 p.m.

Drove the 944 to work today in the second Great Flood (don't worry, I have 2 of every Hot Wheels inside to re-populate the Earth). Something sounds like electrical clicking from the front passenger area. No sparks, no dips on the volt gauge when it happens. Does it radio on or off.

Is this some German DME thingy getting ready to strand me or is my car just unhappy as an ark? For what it's worth, the battery died last week when the car didn't get driven for 3.5 weeks straight and I had to recharge it yesterday (out of car, trickle charger). Everything has been fine and worked normal today over 3 separate trips.

Thanks,

itsarebuild
itsarebuild GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/22/11 3:40 p.m.

is there something that makes you sure it i electrical in nature? given that you indicated a flood, is it possible that it is something else like water hitting a very hot part (catalytic converter? ) under the car that is transferring through?

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky HalfDork
11/22/11 3:47 p.m.

Does it happen when idling? If so, I would dig around under the dash while it was making the noise to pinpoint the problem. Might just be a failing relay or a bad ground triggering the relay.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/22/11 3:57 p.m.

It sounds like a relay click (I've spent a lot of time inside pinball machines). I don't think the water has anything to do with it honestly, unless water is seeping in from somewhere? It happens when idling, can't tell when driving, car too noisy.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Dork
11/22/11 5:25 p.m.

Stow-away Gremlin?? You know they aren't supposed to get wet, right?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9wlM3QDyNaLY6I98qVPva9PRKnz3KRIJ2rgspoY3tvkEMKzemN0tJRP8eUHgeZbG