1 2
CyberEric
CyberEric Dork
12/27/21 6:12 p.m.

Honestly, this is terrible news. I really DON'T want to want one of these! Now I do! cheeky

Aspen
Aspen HalfDork
12/28/21 4:38 p.m.

For sure a nice little car.

I have an r52 and really enjoy it more than I would have thought.  I wish it would  stop leaking oil some day.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/28/21 4:53 p.m.
Aspen said:

For sure a nice little car.

I have an r52 and really enjoy it more than I would have thought.  I wish it would  stop leaking oil some day.

I bring this trait up when purists complain about the early MINIs not being "British":  The Tritec engine sure leaks oil like a British car... 

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 PowerDork
12/28/21 6:13 p.m.

That is a fantastic color combo on this car and great job on the paint work. 

There is nothing like having a convertible. I had a Firebird and a Trans Am in high school with T-Tops and I would drive around with those off 90% of the time. Not the same as a convertible but I was missing that feeling throughout my 20s so I bought an S2000 5 years ago and absolutely love driving that thing with the top down. The great thing about having it in Florida, then California, and now Florida again is that the top can be down all year round (so long as it's not raining in FL). 

Chris_V
Chris_V UberDork
2/10/23 8:09 a.m.

After two years, it finally needed a clutch, as I got caught in 3 days worth of horrendous Washington DC traffic with a lot of clutch action. Started slipping in 5th and 6th gears. But that's the only issue still and that's not really the car's fault. Added a couple things to it since the last year's report. Custom Union Jack taillights with sweeping turn signals, and wireless CarPlay.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/10/23 9:22 a.m.

In reply to Chris_V :

Glad to hear you're still enjoying the JCW. Perfect color combo. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BrfpL9soBZOYaQStce80jGXHdWp19gKCVIM7xX2o08KueW6Zn7fuL6P1TLQHqcYC