1 2
donalson
donalson SuperDork
8/28/09 11:53 p.m.

awesome :)... they look so much happier then the newer ones we can get over here...

what kind of cash did you have to drop?

side note.... this car is where my daughter got her middle name from :)... Camber Elise :)...

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/29/09 10:36 a.m.
donalson wrote: awesome :)... they look so much happier then the newer ones we can get over here... what kind of cash did you have to drop?

Around $12k at the current exchange rate. That seems to be the price they're levelling out at, at least for decent one.

donalson wrote: side note.... this car is where my daughter got her middle name from :)... Camber Elise :)...

That's cool .

I had my first session swearing at it today, though.

After a reasonably quick job sticking the cat back on (previous owner ran a decat pipe which apart from being illegal also made it too noisy for my liking) and fitting a proper, motorsports-approved rear towing eye just in case I visit the kitty litter, I decided it would a good time to take the hardtop off and put the softtop on in preparation for a breakfast run tomorrow. We've got nice warm weather here so it would have been rude not to.

It turns out that the mounting blocks for the roof sidebars are severely worn. So when I put the tensioner bars on and laid the roof skin on top, the passenger side one fell out of its mount, hit the door on the way down (nice paint chip, cue much bad language) and really didn't make my day. Looks like the mounting clasp was slightly bent, too, so I fixed that and it's finally on there and wobbling, but stays on. Not 'appy. Replacement mounting blocks with all adaptors (because the design changed) is another £60 - call it $100.

I also found out why it seemed to be a little noisy. The rear window gasket/foam strip is a little, err, worn. "Clucked" would rhyme with it. So that'll be another gasket then, please.

Jay
Jay Dork
8/31/09 7:23 a.m.

Hey Tim, are you going to either the Club Lotus parts jumble on the 10th October or the big meetup at the factory on the 18th? With some luck I should be at one or both of those events. (Can't argue with flights for €0.99 even if I don't make the drive in the Elan!)

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/31/09 7:31 a.m.

I might - my wife is over here in October so I guess I should check with her first but the 18th would look doable.

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports HalfDork
8/31/09 7:31 a.m.

Why aren't the cars that "follow me home" that nice?

CLNSC3
CLNSC3 New Reader
9/1/09 2:02 a.m.

Gorgeous car! I have always loved the earlier Lotus Elise!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xdRj9CkPt1E20iRt3MkJmdMGggXvMja8MWJvNkylsIQoZvxxV2PrPAIjbRwhqclh