redvalkyrie
redvalkyrie New Reader
6/2/08 10:25 a.m.

I feel like my time with Chuppy might be drawing to a close. He's done exactly what was asked of him--he drives me to work, tosses me around wet roads, gravel roads, and never gave me any real problems.

I feel like I want to step up to something a little bit nicer as a daily driver. My first crazy thought was a x1/9. Then things like early BMWs, early Porsches, Mercs, Miatas, etc. Good DDs that can be had for cheap. Must be easy to work on and have AC.

My current collection includes a 91 MR2, 87 MR2, ZX2 S/R, 1964 Falcon, and the 82 Starlet.

I'm not oppossed to four doors, two doors, whatever, Just throw some ideas out there. Price range; $3000ish.

-JP

GlennS
GlennS Reader
6/2/08 11:30 a.m.

older 5 series

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/2/08 1:09 p.m.

Miata and/or E30. I think I just ended this thread.

pigeon
pigeon New Reader
6/2/08 8:14 p.m.

E36s are coming into that price range...

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/2/08 9:13 p.m.

the 318ti is deep into the price range. There is one in NJ, a 95 in blue for $2500. Just look on CL

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce Reader
6/2/08 10:42 p.m.

Define "nicer" since some of the cars on your current list I consider nice. E34 BMW should go for cheap but make sure the suspension is tight, that'll eat your lunch in parts.

GlennS
GlennS Reader
6/3/08 12:30 a.m.

by nice im assuming he means it has a chance of a girl aproving. Something that a car nicknamed "chupicabra" probable isnt going to do.

walterj
walterj HalfDork
6/3/08 10:05 a.m.

I got a wicked-bad hankering to sell my E36 M3 race car and replace it with a 964/993 that can remain street legal for daily duty then hop on the trailer and boogie for a bunch of weekends every year.

Yes, I realize it will be seconds slower than the M3

Yes, I realize it costs more to maintain a street p-car than a BMW racecar

I got issues... go for it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yWRft9KHoTEcCKpVmqso4RKPvmlxidN3Zncja6WzF7px62gsMBNvog2GLdYkO3T4