1 2 3 4
84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
11/24/20 11:50 a.m.
nocones said:

I've had Milwaukee M18 stuff for ~7 years.  Still works, still supported by the brand.  they have continually updated the tools to keep current with technology but left the general battery design the same.  I just have the drill and 2 1/4 impacts.  I want the bigger impact and others but they are not a cheap option.  

I just scored the new high tq 19v 1/2" drive impact and battery for 225 shipped off FB mkt place new.  Loving it.

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
11/24/20 11:54 a.m.

Upgraded to a Ryobi kit for the rest of what I do.  Aside from needing bigger batteries it is great.

 

If anyone wants a craftsman 19.2 set I am happy to send for shipping cost.  Very decent home owner grade setup but batteries have died and I wanted to go beefier.  Have the drill, 3/8 impact, and  1/2 impact as well as chargers.  Amazon had new upgraded batteries for $34 this am.  Just ping if interested.  Will likely donate them to goodwill if not.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
11/24/20 12:25 p.m.

In reply to 84FSP :

If no one else is interested, I’d be in, and no need for shipping.  Are these the ones with the C3 lithium ion batteries?  I don’t have a viable cordless drill, and could use a replacement impact for rallyx.  Let me know if you’d like any cash, or if you’re in need of anything I may have in my parts stash.

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
11/24/20 12:37 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

Cool - Happy to help a local GRM'r out - ping me and we can connect as you are pretty nearby I think - I'm just off Clough Pike.  Six seven five one three five seven.  Happy they'll be used.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltraDork
4/3/21 1:08 p.m.

Was wandering through Home Depot the other day.  Saw that they had a 1/2" Brushless Impact.

I got real excited cause POWAH! then I had to pause.  My 3/8" brushless impact completely broke down my dead 300 engine.  I wondered if I'd really need it for anything.

18V ONE+ HP BRUSHLESS 4-MODE 1/2" IMPACT WRENCH | RYOBI Tools

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/3/21 1:14 p.m.

 

My baby ridgids, I haven't gotten to break them in yet, but with the performance of the high torque 1/2", I'm expecting good things. 

wawazat
wawazat Dork
4/3/21 2:15 p.m.
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) said:

 

My baby ridgids, I haven't gotten to break them in yet, but with the performance of the high torque 1/2", I'm expecting good things. 

That's really a cool little impact!  I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on them.  I went with Ridgid 18V a few years back when my drill died and have been impressed with the hammer drill, 1/2" Gen 5 brushless impact, and recip saw.   

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/3/21 5:58 p.m.

In reply to wawazat :

I'm half way through dropping an engine and transmission using the 3/8, something I wouldn't have thought is possible. I'm sold on it. When the battery gets down to 1 bar the performance lags, but half full or more and she laughed at motor mount brackets that were installed in 1993. No soaking in PB blaster, no deep creep, no heat. 

In reply to captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

I'll have to look into getting those or at least the 3/8" (already have the larger version of the 1/2").

Another tool worth it's price in the ridgid line is the 4.5" grinder. It's not as powerful as a corded tool but for quick cuts and grinding it is great, very convenient to just grab and do the job. I use it probably 90% of the time with corded grinders used the other 10% when I need the extra power.

1 2 3 4
Our Preferred Partners
UfgTYSHXh0Rpt92wKBuFCuf42eN32CiLlXd6v66bksAPoORXyY8LCdFo4XahkaRl