1 ... 5 6 7
pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/25/14 9:15 a.m.

I also found it odd that the Jeep Scrambler (CJ-8) came with optional 2x4s mounted as bed rails.
Ronald Reagan apparently liked it. What was it called in the accessory catalog? Piece of Wood?

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
3/25/14 9:48 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote: Oh, the new Toyo FJ had a great gauge package as well. They added a compass and an outside temperature gauge.

Toyota 4-Runners had them standard in the SR5 models for as long as I can remember. I think they stopped somewhere in the late 90's IIRC.

1966stang
1966stang Reader
3/25/14 1:11 p.m.

I had a friend that ordered a camaro new in 69. Originally wanted a big hipo motor so he ordered a rock crusher 4 speed, a posi, RS package etc. Checkened out on the big motor and decided that he wanted a 307 at the last minute. Probably the only Rock crusher 4 speed RS 69 Camaro built with a 307.....

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk SuperDork
3/25/14 2:22 p.m.

I once owned a 1975 ford Granada 2-door. 250 cu.in. straight six, three speed on the floor, no power brakes or steering. After my Datsun 510 it was a pig.
I have also seen one, and only one manual transmission Chrysler minivan from 1984. It had a fairly long floor shift and a bench front seat. I worked in the plant where the foam seat cushions were molded and went looking for a bench part number. Sure enough it was there but no one could remember us making more than a few preproduction samples.

Quasi Mofo
Quasi Mofo GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/25/14 3:35 p.m.

The Merkur XR4Ti Competition Coupe is still my unicorn.

Look ma! No sunroof!

M2Pilot
M2Pilot HalfDork
3/25/14 4:03 p.m.

In 1972 or thereabouts there was a red '64 Corvette with 327 cid, 350 hp, engine & 3 speed on a used car lot in Roxboro NC. I test drove it & it flipped the alternator belt so I left it alone.
Seems that all the '64s had at least, the 327 with 300 hp & 4 speed or powerglide. I guess this version was for the dealer who wanted to advertise that he had a new Vette for sale for less than $4000 in 1964.

EvanR
EvanR Dork
3/26/14 2:10 a.m.
DeadSkunk wrote: I have also seen one, and only one manual transmission Chrysler minivan from 1984. It had a fairly long floor shift and a bench front seat. I worked in the plant where the foam seat cushions were molded and went looking for a bench part number. Sure enough it was there but no one could remember us making more than a few preproduction samples.

I've seen several bench seat early Caravans. They existed so MoPar could advertise them as 8-passenger vehicles.

I've seen tons of stickshift MoPar minivans - I owned a '92 Plymouth.

But I've never seen one with the bench AND the stick!

gofastbobby
gofastbobby Reader
3/26/14 8:44 a.m.

In reply to Quasi Mofo:

OH YEAH!!!

gofastbobby
gofastbobby Reader
3/26/14 8:47 a.m.

In reply to pinchvalve:

The rear bed seats in the brat has to be one of the strangest accessories ever offered from the factory. I love the E36 M3 handles.

Powar
Powar SuperDork
3/26/14 8:49 a.m.
Quasi Mofo wrote: The Merkur XR4Ti Competition Coupe is still my unicorn. Look ma! No sunroof!

Isn't this one?

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/4377512967.html

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/26/14 8:51 a.m.
Powar wrote:
Quasi Mofo wrote: The Merkur XR4Ti Competition Coupe is still my unicorn. Look ma! No sunroof!
Isn't this one? http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/4377512967.html

Or this one?

http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/4388458524.html

oldopelguy
oldopelguy SuperDork
3/26/14 9:37 a.m.

Those BRAT rear seats were Subaru thumbing their nose at the chicken tax, which is cool in its own right.

One of my 60's Dodge trucks was a poly 318 with an automatic and posi rear, painted in a white cab top over an Imperial-only for that year blue. No one ever believed the paint was original, but the color code tag matched. I can just here how that conversation went: I'll buy it, but only in that color....

1 ... 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Fl5pxi1Hs7IyKPU1j4FI3GQPU9qcWkoL6xq9pfwZpAhylebrWIUoLenKMO63u3qx