Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
4/28/21 3:24 p.m.
feature_image

Central Florida Region SCCA is holding an autocross event May 1-2 at Daytona International Speedway, and we’ll be there piloting our 1992 Mazda Miata and our 1991 Toyota MR2. Come run with David and J.G. 

Held on Daytona's go-kart track, the competition starts at 9:30 a.m. and runs until approximately 4:00 p.m. both days.

Registration is limited to SCCA members and …

Read the rest of the story

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/28/21 4:19 p.m.

The original date was supposed to be next weekend, so that's the date that I made myself unavailable to work. We have to set our schedule a minimum of three months ahead of time.

Unfortunately for me, the SCCA schedule changed to this weekend. I'll be across the street, at work. 

I've been second in E Street the last two times I was at Daytona, with 11 and 13 cars in my class. I have a fresh set of rivals, and really wanted to see if I could pull out a win this week.  Not now!

Have fun everyone, I'll be able to hear you!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/29/21 8:20 a.m.

Bummer and I didn't realize that the schedule had changed. I hope to make the other Daytona events on the schedule. 

David S. Wallens
4/30/21 4:01 p.m.

At some point, I guess I should pack up for the long tow across town. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/30/21 4:13 p.m.

Need more advance notice so I can go stay at Mom's and make an easy trip down from her place instead of driving across the state.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/1/21 1:03 p.m.

All quiet when I arrived this morning. I can hear cars lapping the track now while I'm on my lunch break. 

I've got my license plate surgery cap on anyhow!

I figured out an upside to planning for the event on the wrong weekend. I'm off next weekend, when Martin Sports Car Club has their annual Mother's Day event. 

I've got my wife coming to co-drive for her first novice event. "moms drive free!"

David S. Wallens
5/1/21 2:16 p.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

Have fun next week with Martin. Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to make that one, but I hope to make more of their events this season. Had fun running with them last weekend in Orlando.

Today went very well at Daytona--had fun, saw some friends, and both cars ran well. I'll be back tomorrow for more. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
adDkUHszLsu3nCydguoRFIVsC2MqVyZguGR9tN0RI08ZKBlrah3bXhYpKdQiYDzq