1 2
MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/31/16 2:18 p.m.

I am now the owner of a 95 M edition. the only things it needs is a set of OEM tail lights to replace the horrible Altezza ones and it has a leaking valve cover gasket.

But now to the good stuff.

101k miles, it has a strut tower brace as well, factory hardtop with defrost, as well as the other M editions stuff like the lsd.

Only cost me $4725 out the door from a small used car dealer 2hrs away.

0 rust as it was an Alabama and South Carolina car.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UberDork
10/31/16 2:21 p.m.

Cool. Welcome, you'll have fun.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/31/16 2:23 p.m.

I love those BBS wheels, welcome to the club. Prepare to learn about weightsaving in ways you never considered before

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/31/16 2:31 p.m.

They only built 3,500 M Editions in 1995 and I bought one today too! Yours is much, much nicer than mine though.

Toebra
Toebra Reader
10/31/16 2:37 p.m.

That is such a great color, and a nice example.

It is not really a cult, that has so many negative connotations. Besides, no one ever was kidnapped and forced to drive one, as far as I know.

drsmooth
drsmooth HalfDork
10/31/16 2:57 p.m.
RevRico wrote: I love those BBS wheels, welcome to the club. Prepare to learn about weightsaving in ways you never considered before

If you are travelling in it with others pack your things first. Then get good at asking them, do you really need to bring that.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/31/16 2:59 p.m.

That looks rather nice! And it still retains the 95 M-edition special seats, too.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
10/31/16 3:01 p.m.

I joined Saturday, but am taking delivery today.

Im wondering what sort of ritual sacrifices will be required in this cult. In the mopar cult, your ostracized for any thing not stock.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/31/16 3:02 p.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim:

I actually had a pair of those seats in my basement for a few years. They were in perfect condition but I honestly can't remember what happened to them. I know that they are gone though.

RevRico
10/31/16 3:07 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: I joined Saturday, but am taking delivery today. Im wondering what sort of ritual sacrifices will be required in this cult. In the mopar cult, your ostracized for any thing not stock.

That would be the branch miatanetizens. They're a little cooky with their interpretation of the writings. You've been here longer than I, you know we're slightly more understanding in the personalization department.

As long as you convert tires and dinosaur bones to smoke and noise, you're good.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/31/16 3:10 p.m.

Awesome, welcome! Someone can show you the secret handshake. As the new guy, it's your turn to provide the donuts. The limited slip should help with that.

MrChaos
10/31/16 3:28 p.m.
RevRico wrote:
Dusterbd13 wrote: I joined Saturday, but am taking delivery today. Im wondering what sort of ritual sacrifices will be required in this cult. In the mopar cult, your ostracized for any thing not stock.
That would be the branch miatanetizens. They're a little cooky with their interpretation of the writings. You've been here longer than I, you know we're slightly more understanding in the personalization department. As long as you convert tires and dinosaur bones to smoke and noise, you're good.

you mean the Miata.net people? they are an interesting bunch. then again I am used to sites like Pirate4x4 where they do not tolerate reanswring questions if it has been answered at least once and will then flame you for the rest of the thread.

outasite
outasite Reader
10/31/16 3:39 p.m.

Congratulations on the buys. Makes me sad since I just stored the NB for 5-6 months.

RevRico
10/31/16 3:44 p.m.

yea, after getting mobbed over rally lights, lift kits, aggressive tires, custom speakers, USB ports, pretty much everything I ever wanted to do with my car, I just started trying to get banned. That failed so I just quit going all together. I've mentioned them a lot lately with everyone buying end of season special miatas.

There IS a lot of good information there and they are a valuable resource, but there is a lot of outdated information and trains of thought too, at least as far as the NA miatas go. I was catching a lot of the whole "search n00b" mentality until I pointed out that pictures and links have been dead for years, some parts/brands that everyone swears by don't exist anymore, and technology has come a long way since the NB body style came out. I think people have started updating writeups originally posted in the 90s, but I haven't had to go back to check. The people here have been much more welcoming and helpful.

"When I fly my plane to my winter home, and get into my 1200 mile old 92 SBY, it ONLY gets unicorn blood oil and narwhal leather tires" seemed to be a not that exaggerated statement from over there. To me, it's like they forgot what it's like to have 1 car that HAS to get you to your "I can barely afford rent OR food" job, and that just doesn't mesh with my finances or personality.

and 200 posts to be allowed to post to classifieds (last time I checked anyway) was a bit much. Took me 4 years and 2 cars to hit 200 posts there.

Still though, welcome to the club. You did get a nice looking specimen, and the 1.8/Torsen(should be?) combo with popup headlights, is to me, the best of all miata worlds. Maybe a VVT head swap and boost down the road, but that really is the NA i wish I'd bought instead of my 1.6

If you do want to ditch the altezza tail lights, maybe we can arrange a swap for my stock ones.

MrChaos
10/31/16 3:50 p.m.

should be torsen since it is a M edition

Fitzauto
Fitzauto Dork
10/31/16 5:02 p.m.

One of my favorite colors. Looks like you got a good score with this one!

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/31/16 5:24 p.m.

I'm trying to rejoin the cult. Bought 2 tickets to the raffle for the International Motor Racing Research Center (mentioned on p. 21 of the latest GRM). Guy I spoke to said they had only sold about 1100 of the maximum 2500 tickets so far and based on past raffles he didn't think they were going to hit the 2500 limit.

Rodan
Rodan New Reader
10/31/16 5:52 p.m.

Welcome to the club! You don't qualify for the 'cult' until you have at least two...

If you want Pirate 4x4 treatment, just post something dumb over at Miataturbo, they'll fix you right up!

snailmont5oh
snailmont5oh Reader
10/31/16 6:02 p.m.
Toebra wrote: That is such a great color, and a nice example. It is not really a cult, that has so many negative connotations. Besides, no one ever was kidnapped and forced to drive one, as far as I know.

That actually happened to me once at an autocross. I escaped by spinning the car so violently that witnesses reported thinking that the passenger/owner and I had decided to do a synchronized homage to "Night at the Roxbury".

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
10/31/16 6:28 p.m.

This Kool aid is very tasty....

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
10/31/16 6:33 p.m.

Great looking car. Totally agree about ditching the taillights.

If you've got Miata questions, you can always ask them here. We're not huge on the whole "search noob" thing and, as an added bonus, we have regular appearances by the head Miata Shaman, Keith Tanner. The only real initiation into the Miata cult is when all your "'Merica"/"that thing got a Hemi?" friends start asking if you need a rainbow triangle for the the bumper. Just smile and write down the names so you can give them crap in a year and a half when they buy their own Miatas.

icaneat50eggs
icaneat50eggs Dork
10/31/16 6:35 p.m.

A year ago my twin to that car died in a bad wreck. I'm half depressed and half thankful I'm here

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UberDork
10/31/16 10:07 p.m.

In reply to icaneat50eggs:

We're glad you're here man. Bad wrecks happen, eventually we all have them. You're still here and kicking, that berkeleying rocks!

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
11/1/16 7:17 a.m.

Looks great (minus the tail lights)! I miss my Miata... stupid no room for a family...

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/1/16 7:19 a.m.
Toebra wrote: It is not really a cult, that has so many negative connotations. Besides, no one ever was kidnapped and forced to drive one, as far as I know.

LOL, I should be so lucky.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
j1YS3geUAlIVp7RdfxuTERdBRFlDayZcBmMhbPtZHfenbwgGM6PQXc2wUcYmB6jo