barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
6/20/19 2:09 p.m.

New ND, 2018 6MT. Alls I gotta say is it is a damn good thing I have kids and couldn't possibly get by with only two seats. I know the newer ones have more power, but coming from my Fit I thought it was plenty fast. Good way to spend my lunch break, though I'm pretty hungry now. I was too busy driving to eat.

Also they have a red 08 NC w/66k and three pedals for $9999. Seems like a decent deal to me once you throw in employee discounts... damn.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/20/19 2:42 p.m.

Haven't you been told. 

Never try crack. Not even once. 

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/20/19 3:17 p.m.
Toyman01 said:

Haven't you been told. 

THIS

also, the newer cars just pull harder to redline. the ND1 has a bit more mid range. it's an awesome runabout toy..

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
6/20/19 3:25 p.m.

I’ve test drove a recent Nd and have the na and I’m thoroughly unimpressed. I am the 1%.

Wizard_Of_Maz
Wizard_Of_Maz Reader
6/20/19 3:27 p.m.

In reply to Ranger50 :

Out of curiousity, why?

Opti
Opti Dork
6/21/19 8:30 a.m.

I had an NA and loved working on it but didn't enjoy driving it, so I bought an ND and love it. It replaced a much faster C5.

The only time I really wish it had more power is at the drag strip.

I let some buddies drive it who mostly have modded V8 Camaros and mustangs, and lean towards the drag race style stuff and they have all come away loving it.

wspohn
wspohn Dork
6/22/19 6:38 p.m.

I like the Miatas - always have, but they bore me a bit with the ho hum power levels.  Haven't tried a 2019 version yet, though.  Supposed to be better.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/22/19 6:49 p.m.
Toyman01 said:

Haven't you been told. 

I tried a turbocharged orange one with decent suspension and sticky tires. It was GOOD. 

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/22/19 7:27 p.m.

I can't stand NA ones......Well unless they are NA V8. Just too little uumph for me. I guess that's why I've had a MSM, V8 NC, and now a Turbo NA in the garage for my last 3. With the right amount of HP, they are a damn fun ride. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/22/19 8:25 p.m.
bmw88rider said:

I can't stand NA ones......Well unless they are NA V8. Just too little uumph for me. I guess that's why I've had a MSM, V8 NC, and now a Turbo NA in the garage for my last 3. With the right amount of HP, they are a damn fun ride. 

The one I drove was a lightly modified MSM. Enough to make you giggle, not enough to break out the 200tw. 

_
_ HalfDork
6/22/19 8:58 p.m.

I’m in this boat. I bought my first Miata last year, I have owned rwd corollas, celica, 240sx, skyline, Datsun Z’s and 510’s, civics, integras, and a camaro (cramit). The Miata has changed my mind. It IS the best handling and funnerest vehicle I’ve owned. 

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/22/19 10:28 p.m.

This sounds familar. 

I drove a miata for the first time fall of 2017 or so. By the next February, I had bought one. I sold it a few weeks ago.

I have a 99 sport that I bought in February of this year. It's strictly for autocross, but whenever I drive it I wish I could afford another one for the street. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
6/23/19 4:33 p.m.

In reply to Floating Doc :

I have an STR prepped NC for autocross that was impressively fun today.  (13th of 70 drivers.)

And a street NC as well.   I’d be happy to just have the one prepped car, two NCs is sort of ridiculous.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/23/19 5:35 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

Actually, my second Miata would be an NC were it to happen.

An ND would be my first choice of course, but I don't finance anything, so that's out.

My observation is that NCs around here are  becoming less and less competitive any more. Too many NDs, in both CS and the modified classes.

That doesn't change the fact that the NC can be a nice street driver which is why I would want one.

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
6/23/19 6:23 p.m.

I’ve been looking at NCs. I shouldn’t. I can not afford one as a toy and I can not justify one as a dd because kids. Still, been looking. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1ppGjd1ACyZTEcEJQsBkuehGD8gKems30REbeR2A4j0hhLo2eMnTOMObNgIpd1Q9