1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 24
maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/29/21 7:12 a.m.

Thanks for all the input. I think I'm indifferent on the interior color. I would be equally happy in different ways, so I won't let that narrow my search. Which speaking of, I'm having a hard time finding a manual blue RF. Dealers that have one won't accept S-plan pricing in this current crazy market. Dealers that will accept S-plan pricing on a new RF are not willing to dealer-trade for the color I want. One salesbuffoon even tried to convince me the S-plan price was over $42k. I don't know how "ordering" one from a dealership works, but I assume you have to pay full MSRP for that. No dealers have even offered that option though. I'm okay waiting for the right deal to save $2k. That's why I bought the Saturn after all :) 

02Pilot
02Pilot UltraDork
7/29/21 7:58 a.m.

In reply to maschinenbau :

They're probably waiting for convertible season to wind down, especially given that the next shipload isn't due for a bit from what I've heard. I suspect you may get a better deal if you wait for October/November, when inventories are up and demand is down.

ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter)
ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
7/29/21 8:35 a.m.

Cargo transport from Asia is FUBAR right now, and I expect it to be that way for some time.  I wouldn't count on anything that involves getting a product on a container ship anytime soon.

maschinenbau
8/7/21 12:51 p.m.

Just put a deposit down on a blue on white! They're not doing S-plan, but they met me halfway with $1k off MSRP. They're even going to deliver it to my office on Monday from another state. Buying and selling cars in 2021 is wild.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/7/21 1:08 p.m.

Congratulations 

maschinenbau
8/9/21 6:15 p.m.

Found it! New 2021 RF GT in Deep Crystal Blue with white leather interior. McKinney Mazda in Greenville SC delivered it to my workplace in Atlanta today. They wouldn't do S-plan, but met me halfway with $1k off MSRP. They're very old school in a good way. No-BS transaction and great service, especially driving it 150 miles to me.

I love it. The blue is very similar to the Fiat's, but a little different in a way I can't articulate yet. Maybe less metal flake? The white leather is not arctic white like I feared, but rather more of a parchment off-white color. This means it won't look quite as dirty. I don't even care, I'm gonna ruin the berkeley out of it because it's my new car and it's not a Fiat.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/9/21 6:18 p.m.

In reply to maschinenbau :

Have you called Flying Miata yet for more turbo?

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/9/21 6:22 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Voiding the warranty on a new car immediately after a horrific "new" car experience?

....Sure, why not?

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/9/21 6:23 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I mean it can't be as bad as the Fiat.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/9/21 6:30 p.m.

Gorgeous. Congrats!

No turbos for the ND2 at the moment, so that part of the warranty is safe. But our muffler and midpipe uncorks it nicely without having to remove a cat :)

Carbon Miata makes a cute little ducktail that looks good on the RF. 

maschinenbau
8/9/21 6:34 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

I am very suggestible to modest exhaust mods. I know it'll never sound quite as amazing as the Fiata, but it needs just a little bit more.

TVR Scott
TVR Scott GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/9/21 7:10 p.m.

It will all be ok.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/9/21 7:31 p.m.
maschinenbau said:

In reply to Keith Tanner :

I am very suggestible to modest exhaust mods. I know it'll never sound quite as amazing as the Fiata, but it needs just a little bit more.

I know a guy. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/9/21 8:12 p.m.

Such a gorgeous color combo. Congrats!

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
8/9/21 8:24 p.m.

Very well done .....much prefer this to the vert.....great color combo enjoy .

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/9/21 8:28 p.m.

Nice work. That looks so good.

ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter)
ShinnyGroove (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
8/9/21 8:29 p.m.

I'm a sucker for Soul Red but this blue is right up there.  Looks amazing with the white interior.  Congratulations!

02Pilot
02Pilot UltraDork
8/10/21 8:19 a.m.

Pretty color. I agree that the exhaust note could be more interesting. I'm torn between leaving mine bone stock or doing a few simple mods (swap the exhaust, do something to dial out some of the body roll).

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
8/10/21 8:23 a.m.

Pretty looking car, congrats!

AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/10/21 8:23 a.m.

Beautiful.

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/10/21 8:29 a.m.

That's it! That's my next car!

Nice choice :)

Opti
Opti Dork
8/14/21 4:20 p.m.

I ran a racing beat exhaust. The quieter one. I really liked it, never noticed it when cruising but when beating on it, it sounded pretty good

maschinenbau
8/15/21 1:58 p.m.

1 strike against Miata compared to Fiata. This cooler definitely fit in the Fiat's trunk. Otherwise I have no regrets. Girlfriend like the interior and hardtop a lot, and how it's "less rumbly".

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
8/15/21 5:12 p.m.

"Girlfriend like the interior and hardtop a lot, and how it's "less rumbly". That takes care of that style cooler ya' think?

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) PowerDork
8/15/21 8:28 p.m.

Gorgeous!

1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 24

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RZHMRlqQntFIrdxImzmpilWnLsQE16IDITvx6sHfUn7IEKOfiRzi2viYsI3asD5w