dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/19/16 9:46 a.m.

Keith - I am still in the market for some 15x8 6ULs for my '99 silver NB. I have decided on the new Beryllium finish, but am torn between the regular version and your machined lip version. By chance, do you have any pictures of the LE version on a silver car? I would love to see how it looks.

Meanwhile, everyone can agree that they look totally bad a** on a grey ND!

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 UltraDork
8/19/16 11:30 a.m.

Yes, inquiring minds would like to know. Thinking about stepping up to 15" for my 99 base. For more tire options. Currently have 14" on it. Have original hollow alloys, a set of NA Daisies and currently running Kosei T1 w/sticky tires.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/19/16 12:12 p.m.

I can probably get a picture of the 15x8 on a silver NB next week. Bill took our one set home and parked it in his driveway while he was on vacation.

They do look excellent on a white ND as well.

Keith Tanner
8/19/16 12:12 p.m.

Just because it's funny.

dyintorace
8/19/16 1:14 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: I can probably get a picture of the 15x8 on a silver NB next week. Bill took our one set home and parked it in his driveway while he was on vacation.

That would be awesome! Thanks!

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/19/16 1:55 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: Just because it's funny.

I will admit I love that look. It reminds of all the 80s/90s touring cars with huge wheels tucked way up in the fenders.

I always thought it looked so cool.

dyintorace
8/19/16 3:44 p.m.

That is a great shot. Not only do the wheels look good, but the red calipers are sexy too!

Toebra
Toebra Reader
8/19/16 4:56 p.m.

15x8 6UL fits the ND, interesting. Wonder why they did not offer any 15" wheels as OEM

Keith Tanner
8/19/16 5:13 p.m.

Those are the 17x9 fitment on the NDs. You CAN put 15x8s on the ND, but not with stock brakes. It's a little funny looking.

This is a 15x8 with NA size tires on an ND.

Toebra
Toebra Reader
8/20/16 1:33 a.m.

Ouch, that is just wrong, does it have NB brakes on it or something so the wheels will fit?

Keith Tanner
8/20/16 1:04 p.m.

It has a Flyin' Miata Little Big Brake Kit. Stock rotor size, but compact Wilwood calipers.

That's at stock ride height, we hadn't had the chance to do suspension yet. I think that was the first day we were working on the car, the second day we managed to put a suspension together.

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 SuperDork
8/21/16 8:52 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner:Cotdamn, that looks off!

Keith Tanner
8/21/16 8:56 p.m.

I SAID it was funny looking!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
u4A5tPoDd1ekzRHAna3Li6jsqKbydgoueDwnJSCCeg5Gz02qsvhYMRefSSsRRbd0