1 2 3
Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
10/7/11 12:39 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: ...is famous for skills despite not even winning...ever...

Unless you count entertaining Youtube hit championship performances. Peers include various Goatsee interpretations, "Rick rolled", and "Honey Badger Don't Give a berkeley" not real, actual champions like Petter Solberg.

That sums up my entire "Ho hum" toward the guy. There are plenty of folks in normal hats standing on podiums every weekend for me to care about.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/7/11 12:48 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
Otto Maddox wrote: TTAC picked up the story.
I would almost like Ken to sue them for slander.

It's not slander if it's true brotatoe.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
10/7/11 12:57 p.m.
Javelin wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:

Funny comments aside... he may be a douche, but this isn't one of the reasons. Wouldn't be real hard to pimp slap a site that reports it as so, though.

Anyways, i'm not wearing my hat right now.

At work. Had to settle for just wearing a Zoo York hoodie in a professional environment for my daily dose of brotato-ness.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
10/7/11 1:20 p.m.

Bahahahaha! Best story quote:

"one of which featured a “throwdown” between Ken Block and Tanner Foust in kind of an Ultimate Battle Of Self-Promoting Thirtysomething Backmarkers."

Otto Maddox
Otto Maddox Dork
10/7/11 1:22 p.m.
4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
10/7/11 1:24 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
Javelin wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
Funny comments aside... he may be a douche, but this isn't one of the reasons. Wouldn't be real hard to pimp slap a site that reports it as so, though. Anyways, i'm not wearing my hat right now. At work. Had to settle for just wearing a Zoo York hoodie in a professional environment for my daily dose of brotato-ness.

LOL, I gots to wear the Polo at wurk...for the kids. But underneath, Im rockin my BMX shirts daily. Thanks, Little Devil, for providing me with my underclothes.

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Dork
10/7/11 3:20 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote: LOL, I gots to wear the Polo at wurk...for the kids. But underneath, Im rockin my BMX shirts daily. Thanks, Little Devil, for providing me with my underclothes.

Don't worry, a polo is just as douchey/bromantic as anything else.

I hate it when people consider polo's business attire, you just look like a frat boy still in college

ddavidv
ddavidv SuperDork
10/7/11 3:56 p.m.

$85 for something that hideous?

Yeah, I don't think I'll have any trouble boycotting DC.

Steve Chryssos
Steve Chryssos Associate Publisher
10/7/11 5:48 p.m.

First off, you guys are all in big trouble for mad-dogging Mr. Block here on Tom Heath's watch. You are all marked. Tiny explosives have already been hidden inside each of your colons. Splatter from the resultant explosions will publish the words "Block This" on your kitchen walls--When you least expect it.

Oh wait no, that's Travis Pastrana. Never mind, I think.

Anyway, the word gymkhana is in the public domain. DC can APPLY for a trademark. DC might even RECEIVE a registration in error from the trademark office. But a first year law student need only show a judge one copy of Auto-X or other printed matter from back in the day to prove it's true status. That word's been around forever and it's easy to prove.

The trademark is unenforceable. The big story will be if the G-Grid loudmouths get barbecued for the stink they have raised. Oops.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
10/7/11 10:41 p.m.

My brother the patent attorney for USPTO says: "Well, the GRID portion of the mark will carry it out of being generic and should make the mark registerable if filed with the USPTO. As to who owns the rights to the GRID mark, it appears that Willard should oppose registration of the mark, claiming he was the first user of the mark and the relationship that the Ken Block and Willard had and who was the first user of the mark - it should render the application void for not being filed in the proper owner's name. However, DC shoes has much deeper pockets and would likely bleed Willard into submission, that is the reality of it all."

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
10/8/11 5:06 a.m.
HiTempguy wrote:
4cylndrfury wrote: LOL, I gots to wear the Polo at wurk...for the kids. But underneath, Im rockin my BMX shirts daily. Thanks, Little Devil, for providing me with my underclothes.
Don't worry, a polo is just as douchey/bromantic as anything else. I hate it when people consider polo's business attire, you just look like a frat boy still in college

"Casual fridays...its not just for douches anymore"

CLynn85
CLynn85 Reader
10/8/11 7:02 a.m.

This wouldn't make me nearly as mad if it wasn't for the fact that I have this book from 1956! I can guaran-damn-tee they didn't invent the word or the sport. I like DC shoes and Ken Block, but this capitalistic nonsense ruining a motorsports series (that we have precious few of) really bothers me.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
w0ffN6mTgZTSXpqCV9MbvCGrQQ52UVrW3JD0isWa8DAIYZ8qxJ9mWdKQHzrN4ZtX