David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/3/19 2:42 p.m.
feature_image

$2.7 million dollars paid for a Corvette. Not a race car, not a prototype, not even the one that Mark Hamill drove.

This car’s significance? It’s the last C7 Corvette to be built, with Chevrolet PR people freely admitting that will be the end of the front-engine Corvettes. It’s the end of an era.

This particular Corvette was sold …

Read the rest of the story

Danny Shields
Danny Shields GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/3/19 2:47 p.m.

I don't usually watch the auctions live, but I tuned in for that one. Just incredible! What a way to raise big money for a great cause!

ebelements
ebelements New Reader
7/3/19 2:53 p.m.

I guess I'm COMPLETELY out of the loop as last I heard they were doing a two-tier hierarchy with the C7 (or whatever front engine/rear drive C8 replaced it) would stick around to keep purists happy while the mid-engined big-boy would handle the much pricier competition. 

Have been semi-seriously joking about leasing a C7 manual/vert when I turn 40 in a year and a half. NOW what am I supposed to daily for my early mid life crisis!?

Question for those in the know... does this mean all the C7s that are languishing on dealer lots at the moment are going to be harder to swing a deal on?

200mph
200mph Reader
7/3/19 3:28 p.m.

Anyone desiring a deal on a C7 should act today.  

Chevrolet will announce their Corvette production plans on July 18.  Surprises are expected.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Yl6JqXrnRlN4RDqx2ixkhF9lmeUF6pEhp3IuWCgXIqN0mlSkaDenWLhaW7D188iq